WPF Sept 19 - 26

Looking good Mike.

A tip for you. Instead of just the dirty undersides. You should fade them also. Just use some highly thinned white paint. And use your air brush, go light passes and don't get the air brush too close. Until you see the white paint starting to make the box car brown look like its a lighter shade. Go easy and don't over do it. Kinda of like what you did already.

Yes I was wondering what color to use because that was my next step in my head. I guess it would be white. I'll have to pick some up on my way back from work. I can see why people would buy a compressor instead of cans of propel for $15 a pop. 10 cans of propel would be a compressor. Lol

Yes I was wondering what color to use because that was my next step in my head. I guess it would be white. I'll have to pick some up on my way back from work. I can see why people would buy a compressor instead of cans of propel for $15 a pop. 10 cans of propel would be a compressor. Lol

Ya when I was shopping for an airbrush, I saw those cans. I think they are a waste. I got the Pasche compressor and its a great little thing.

I just recently weathered my new BN box car. I used white to fade it. For the rust I used Bragdon weathering powders.

P1000826.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Back