WPF Nov. 14 - 20

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Hey, Hey, hey! It is Saturday, so it's time to start the best thread of the week. Lets see all the work you are doing on your layouts recently. I always enjoy and am inspired by the modeling shown, so lets get it going!

I have been doing more riveting on the Girder Bridge... First half of Girder bridge that is. I have both main girders on this half finished with the rivets as I am going to do. I am not going to place rivet details where no one will ever be able to see them! LOL

LrgGirderBrdg17w_zps9hew0zti.png

And the other side...

LrgGirderBrdg16w_zpsrlzu1qrw.png

Just the underside left to do on this half. (I will do the rivets on the girder top and bottom when the two halves of the bridge are joined).

Wow Ray that is looking great!
Are you going to paint it, and if so will the rivets be visible?
I haven't done much myself but I did trade a friend for this awesome CN caboose he did up:
image.jpg
Looks comparable to a brass offering but it is a blue box Athearn!

Thank you Rico! Yes it will be painted, black... On close inspection rivits should still be seen as they are raised on the decals. i used them on a small girder bridge i built last Spring and they can be seen up close. Hopefully the paint will cover some of the mistakes... It will also have a bit of weathering,rust, etc that should accent the rivets.

Knocked this one out this week.... I think I may change the front blade to be more prototypical of this type of spreader.
001.jpg001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg

Great photos. Fantastic work on the spreader.

Here are a few shots of the town of Logan on my layout. I still have a number of signs to put on the various businesses. Guess I'm being lazy. Should have had it done months ago.

IMAG0513.jpg IMAG0512.jpg IMAG0526.jpg IMAG0546.jpg

Montanan,
Just remember what I tell everybody about my layout progress, "there's no time table on completion and it will never be done".

My layout YouTube video

My layout is small. Only 5 X 11 and is only about 1/3 done. The other day I thought I'd run the Berkshire around it and take a video of it. I realize I had the speed up faster than it probably should have been but with the ups and downs of the layout I ran it at that speed so I could leave the throttles and just video. I'm still DC. Someday I'll get DCC. This year's project is the downtown area. As you can see it's still in the "I'll get around to it someday" stage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0tZMnnH8fs

Looks good. You managed to get a lot into a small space. I have some videos in my signature below. I still run DC and have no plans to go DCC. The layout was built for switching and I rarely run more locomotive at a time.

My layout is small. Only 5 X 11 and is only about 1/3 done. The other day I thought I'd run the Berkshire around it and take a video of it. I realize I had the speed up faster than it probably should have been but with the ups and downs of the layout I ran it at that speed so I could leave the throttles and just video. I'm still DC. Someday I'll get DCC. This year's project is the downtown area. As you can see it's still in the "I'll get around to it someday" stage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0tZMnnH8fs

That is a lot of railroad in that size space. Very nice ... I like busy looking layouts.

Great photos. Fantastic work on the spreader.

Here are a few shots of the town of Logan on my layout. I still have a number of signs to put on the various businesses. Guess I'm being lazy. Should have had it done months ago.

View attachment 53866 View attachment 53867 View attachment 53868 View attachment 53869

Chet I just noticed that the town has no delivery trucks anywhere on the streets? Hardly even a pickup!
Please do not take this as a critic, for you have done a marvelous job. God, I love your town!

Progress.... Progress is being made, I hope, on the Girder bridge. After several more hours of tedium the rivets are basically in place on the first half of the bridge. I am not going to put the rivets in places where the sun don't shine and will never be able to be seen. I was told that shouldn't affect the outcome of whether the bridge will qualify for an NMRA Merit Award.

LrgGirderBrdg18w_zpspma8rdd7.png

LrgGirderBrdg19w_zpsxdvze8mc.png

LrgGirderBrdg20w_zps6dahi9er.png

Rivits will be added to the top and bottom of the girders after the second half has been finished and the two sections are joined. The bridge will then be ready to paint and weather....

Last edited by a moderator:
RAY. That is one good looking bridge. Excellent work!

CHET. I stand corrected. The where house scene is really nice. Love the trucks!

Back