WPF March 27 - Apr 3

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Wha happened?!? Nobody started THEE thread here... Lets see what you have been doing!

I have managed to get a bit more done at Keuka Creek. Finished the cut stone retaining walls at the tunnel portal and got it stained.

KeukaCreek03w_zpsw80rlwlo.png

Before I can do much more here I need to complete some weathering and details on the track leading up to the scene. (One of the really important things is to figure out which first thing has to get done first!) So I spent an hour or so getting about 20' worth of railbars/fishplates on one of the rails leading up to the scene super glued in place:

Railbars03w_zps3zxpken1.png

Railbars04w_zpsnftqqdmz.png

Next I need to rust up the side of the rails. Then I can finish adding the foam for the scenery, then go back and ballast the track.

I found this 1980s Athearn bluebox GP38-2 at a swap meet this morning:

ICG_9623.jpg

Competently assembled, all parts present except rear number boards, it runs. It had been on my gotta-find-one list for years, as I have ICG/IC in the family.

Ray: Nice shots, I like the grass clumps mixed in with the ground cover, also the railroad ties very well done

Jay: Nice train scene!!

Garry: Great locomotive scene!

JWB: Mortar on the building turned out really nice, neet loco too!

I was running trains this weekend and took this shot of Grizzly Flats:

layout7 002.jpg

Thanx for getting things going Ray!
Nice stuff from everyone so far!
I've been too busy to get much done so I'll cheat with a rerun, this is where I left off with the last project.
image.jpg

Thank you Garry, Jay, and LogandSawman!

I spent a bit of time today finishing the detailing of the track... Added the rest of the fishplates:

Railbars06w_zpsiwnqwq4c.png

Railbars05w_zpsyi4nwero.png

Then spent some time doing this:

PaintedTrack06w_zpsjnv8ii1c.png

I use Joe's Train House Rust paint put on with a 5/0 brush. That is the tedious part of the job.

Before:

Railbars06w_zpsiwnqwq4c.png

After:

PaintedTrack07w_zpstjmkmvkg.png

A couple days ago I finished painting/staining the rock retaining walls at Milo Mills. Added some diluted drywall mud on the hillside as well. The tunnel leads around a corner and into lower staging.

Milo%20Mills03w_zpsuubfdhfo.png

Looking good Ray!

Garry, one day I wanna come up and operate on your layout.

Jay, great shot, as we've come to expect from you and your modeling.

Great photos everybody!

Looking good Ray. Keep the photos coming.

I hope to get by and see you this summer Garry. Fine photo. Here the "Van Dyke Farm".

IMAG0039_BURST002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys really do some fantastic work. It really amazes me the quality we get on this thread. It's an honor to just be part of it.

Back