WPF Jan '02 to '09

Rico

BN Modeller
Well when was the last time I got to start "the" thread!

I did a little work on the layout yesterday, a spur down to the scrap yard.
Styrofoam filler with plaster wrap

image.jpg

Rico,

That flows nicely. The sloping looks great. Nice work.

I like your yard trackwork there, its cool looking.

It's been a long time since I've officially logged in and I forgot my old password, so I'm not quite as new as my user name would suggest. Anyway, just finished dressing up some old Con-Cor U-Haul trucks, guess I'll start a new rental service behind a gas station or something...tmp_25869-20150102_190408607212056.jpgtmp_25869-20150102_190416366310622.jpgtmp_25869-20150102_190427-424528047.jpgtmp_25869-20150102_19044430206520.jpg

snapped a picture of this lite move coming thru. crew must have been heading back after a days work.

DSCN9458_zpsc6706e81.jpg

Great photos so far, everybody. Rico: good progress on the layout. Logandsawman: I like the newly completed scenes. ... Lowtrac: an impressive group of U Haul trucks .... Danpik ... Nice looking Erie EMD switcher

Recent accomplishments:

SD24's are now equipped with Sountraxx Tsunami sound. They sound like real SD24's with EMD 567D turbo diesels. They run exceptionally well from a low speed crawl to realistic mainline speed.

sd24vh1_zps6c11034b.jpg

MY Burlington 1950's era tractor/trailer ( red truck ) was built last month with an Allow Forms metal casting kit. I just shortened the frame on the Mack tractor to look better.

trucks_zpsdc43ff02.jpg

As Rico said, great and impressive work everyone and Rico, darn that is impressive!

I'm going to have to stop looking in here again - it is just TOO depressing ;)

Great pictures and work everybody

Here is a rare picture from me! I have only recently discovered how much fun it is to take pictures and run trains, I know, I am slow.

P1011698.jpg

I hope you will be able to see my Bachmann On30 Christmas trolley carrying passengers in my Christmas village.

Louis,

Holy smokes! I never see photos from you. You need to post more. Thats a great looking Christmas village scene. Nicely done sir.

Tony and Michael I can't tell you how much I appreciate your kind words. Coming from great modelers like yourselves I am truly honored, thank you.

I love my Christmas village that resides in the corner of my living room each Christmas, but it is only plug in pre-painted buildings and people, nothing like the great works of art that you gentlemen do. I need to do a better job of hiding the wires, but I am still learning from you guys and as Maxwell Smart would say "and loving it"

Having said that I will share another picture I enjoy of my Lionel GG1 coming out of the Lionel Polar Express tunnel as it is running under my Christmas tree. It makes stops at the little Amtrak shelter you see in the picture of the Christmas village.

I am having so much fun with my camera and my trains.

P1011696.jpg

OK, I've finally got something to post. Even though it's not very cool it shows what is now being done to my layout. This is proof that once we have something that works OK we need to change it. The first picture is what that section sort of looked like. It shows how it came apart for the move. I think you can see what the original layout of that section was. looked before we moved. I had always thought it was too small and limiting so I added a 20 inch leaf in the middle so that section is now 5' by 6'. This is going to give me some room to put in some housing, a downtown as well as some industrial. An added bonus is the spur I added to the big turn where plans are to be able to park a decent length train on it and run another on by it. Until I get DCC I also plan to take an engine and a B unit and reverse the polarity on them so they can run backwards to the other trains.

t DSC01011.JPGDSC01132.jpgDSC01130.jpg

Great photos. LASM has been working hard I see. Waiting to see Rico's scrap yard. Took a bit of time to find scrap casting for my scrap yard. Now I have to come up with some sort of fencing for it. Louis almost caused me to have to find a pacemaker battery. More pics Louis. Garry photos are fantastic as usual. Needless to say, I like the 50's. danpick has to post more pictures too. Looks like another layout we need to see more pictures of. Looking cold plowguy. I have enough of that stuff in my front yard.

Here are a couple of pictures from my latest update on the Logan Valley. Finally the plywood is disappearing. Streets are down and finally ground cover is going down. A couple of trees will be planted in front of the freight station as soon as I find time to make them.

attachment.php
attachment.php

As Rico said, great and impressive work everyone and Rico, darn that is impressive!

I'm going to have to stop looking in here again - it is just TOO depressing ;)

Got to agree with you somewhat Tony, just when I made up my mind on what my layout will be, I look on here and see something that I want to incorporate into the layout. I've really got to stop dreaming and get building.

Love those U-Haul Trucks! Could use one on my Layout :)

Here are some pic's from my Little "mirror Diorama" covered with baking Soda. Engine and Cars weathered by Gary Christensen, Rod Walker and Mike Morrison.

Conrail_SOO_1_2000.jpg

SOO_CP_1_2000.jpg

SOO_mirror_1_2000.jpg

Back