WPF August 19th - 26th

I'll start off this week with a little 'Hanky Panky.' How about MAYBELLE'S HOTEL (and Bordello!)

Wooden O scale

Thanks for looking,
D.A.
O Scale Hotel Brothel Maybelle1.jpg

O Scale Hotel Brothel Maybelle 3.jpg

O Scale Hotel Brothel Maybelle 8.jpg

So I decided to do some renovation work this week on my materials yard area.

This is the way it was but I decided I didn't like it that much

DSCF8361_zps7c145775.jpg

So I tore out the parts I didn't like.

DSCN0135_zpscbcd18bd.jpg

And put it back together looking like this. I like it much better.

DSCN0139_zpsdd8bba8d.jpg

DSCN0140_zpscfb75598.jpg

DSCN0141_zps396a45d7.jpg

Still working on my junk yard and gas station area, that will be in the next few days.

Thanks

David.

Model Train Structures,

Great looking building and, she is one tall girl - looks like she'd have to duck to get through the doors :)

Davidfd85,

Like the yard in general, but the "bins" do set if off nicely. Have to agree with AyTrane about a fence though and perhaps "dirtying up" some of the models just to give a little more realism maybe.

Looks much better!
Love that radial stacker, was that a kit or scratch built?
DA, love that hotel and the girl!

Thanks gentlemen.

The fence and weathering are on going projects, I just haven't gotten to it yet. The next area to finish is the gas station/junk yard. I should finish that up in the next couple of days.

David

David: I like the change on your material yard; it looks more organized, especially with the bins.

Lasm: Ms. Maybelle might steal more than the show! LOL

Tony: It's the angle of the camera that makes her look taller than the door. She fits even with her high heel pumps. Of course I've always heard they were horizontal shoes, but what do I know! LOL

Rico: Ms. Maybelle thanks you.

Erik: She's a Southern Belle, not Swedish. She grew that way from eating Fatback and Collards. LOL

Thanks to all for making me have a few laughs today; laughter is good medicine.
D.A.

Rico:

Well I got done with the gas station/junk area sooner than I thought I would.

DSCN0142_zps30360901.jpg

DSCN0144_zps33298e1b.jpg

DSCN0145_zps06ab7a93.jpg

Still need to do weathering on the old truck and the Caddy.

Thanks

David

David, you've been busy. Nice work on the materials company and gas station.
Model train structures: your hotel looks really nice too!

Well encouraged by my first weathering job I took the plunge and did the entire fleet of UPs. They looked really good, but I had kept the number board off to renumber so that they would be unique. So when I reattached the number board they were glaringly clean and "new". I got the air brush and tried to just dust the board white. It didn't work. The board took zero paint and all around it turned really really white. sigh. So I had to go through and touch them all up again. They don't look nearly as good the 2nd time around. double sigh. I won't be using that strategy of removing letter/number boards again .... The camera really emphasized the white so after this photo I continued touching up.
UP Stock Cars.jpg

David--Nice junk yard scene, especially the fence; nice touch. The gas station is fine, too.

Iron Horse--I like your string of stock cars. Something appealing about a group from the same road.

lasm

Well I got started on the first helix with the help of some custom laser cut metal supports.
I soon realized another turn will be required to gain the clearance I need for the staging yard!
This is going to take a lot of materials by the time I get to the third level!image.jpg

Back