Wpf 9/13/15-9/19/15

Mike_Arnold

Newbie Modeler
Reposting from the last thread to start it off this week. Pulling some coal on the layout.

i0fV1uR.jpg

Just finished up a Downtown Deco kit "Factory Flat". This was my first plaster cast kit. I used cheap craft store acrylic paints to finish these.
flat 1.jpgflat 2.jpg

I finally got around to finishing some of these customer projects. These took a while due to a wrist injury earlier this year.

first up, a couple of Bethlehem Car Shops passenger cars.
DSCN9948_zpsklnacaia.jpg

DSCN9946_zpsnq18vzuy.jpg

A JJL Models Lima switcher...

DSCN9938_zpstvsvtcbg.jpg

Some of Gene Fusco's fine kits

DSCN9935_zpsxg1eaefd.jpg

DSCN9951_zpsxb2u2mtv.jpg

DSCN9952_zpscpsmnaqr.jpg

Finally, a couple F&C kits

DSCN9522_zpsc37bc762.jpg

DSCN9417_zps1fe2c7b5.jpg

Mike: .... BN 9223 looks sharp
Jay: .... PRR 1361 looks great in your moody photo.
Torsion ... Your Downtown Deco Factory Flat looks real.
Danpik .... Each one of you models looks outstanding.

Below is Happy Hollow Club which is a Sleeper / Lounge car I made from a NKP Car Company kit.... Perhaps, I overdid the weathering, but by the mid-1960's the car was at the end of its economic life and looked grubby. ... It is coupled to another car made from a NKP Car Company kit, a Budd sleeper.

HHC2_zps3677b1b5.jpg

Fantastic work from everyone!

I finally had time to get going on the helix today. I got into the zone and actually went a turn and a half too far! Here it is after a little trimming.

image.jpg

Also had some time to railfan Lake Winifred in the afternoon.
Caught a VIA train on a detour then just missed an Amtrak train going the other way.

image.jpg

image.jpg

7204eff91bcafc6bfba46f0fe1c5e62a.jpg

Little progress shot. The lighting sucks but I'm challenging myself to start posting new photos rather than ones from two years ago. Just testing the placement of the farthest building on the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, these are some really great pictures. Well done everyone.

Here's my two cents. It may not be a prototypical way to load logs, but I freelance, it's my railroad and I'll load logs any way I want.

attachment.php

Wow, these are some really great pictures. Well done everyone.

Here's my two cents. It may not be a prototypical way to load logs, but I freelance, it's my railroad and I'll load logs any way I want.

attachment.php

I LIKE it!

I'm with ya Brother, VIVA "Freestyle"!

Back