Wpf 08/15 - 08/22

Rico

BN Modeller
Okay time to get this thread started!

I modified a Walthers paper mill building a little by relocating the stacks to the high side.
Now the nav. stripes are a little more justified, plus I have room for more mixing tanks.
The mill scene is coming along, I'll be starting a thread on it soon.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Alaska RR 3015 emerges from a tunnel on a sunny Sunday afternoon right near a turnout.

4FFE5728-D3AF-4213-ADAE-BC39729E4B6C_zpsagemijeu.jpg

A few photos of a Tamaqua/Scranton merchandise freight, with 2 CC1's. In the background is the Tamaqua Motor Barn on the Philadelphia & Scranton; A Branch of the NEC. Tamaqua currently looks like 'Plywood City.'

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 216
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 300
Some nice pictures. Jay always has great ones.
Rico, looks really good. Would like to see more of your layout.
Like the GG-1's also. I have a thing for electric locomotives. Where is the catenary??

Here my two cents. The cattle pens were built board by board to fit in the available space. Don't think I'll try that again.

IMAG0003.jpg

A few photos of a Tamaqua/Scranton merchandise freight, with 2 CC1's. In the background is the Tamaqua Motor Barn on the Philadelphia & Scranton; A Branch of the NEC. Tamaqua currently looks like 'Plywood City.'

Does that 'open' ceiling 'rain' dust? I am going to cover mine in the hope that it will mitigate dust, just wondering if it is worth the expense. Is dust a problem on your layout? Awesome work btw!

Does that 'open' ceiling 'rain' dust? I am going to cover mine in the hope that it will mitigate dust, just wondering if it is worth the expense. Is dust a problem on your layout? Awesome work btw!

For 95% or more Model Railroaders it is absolutely worth the expense!!! I have too much dust in my layout rooms even with the ceiling finished... I will be moving one of my older HEPA filter units down there soon. Here is some of the ceiling I put in (years ago):

NewRoom4a.png

NewRoom5a.png

Sheetrock is also a great surface to paint backdrops on....

KeukaCreek06w_zpskpeeoe3b.png

Excellent, thank you! I thought about it when first planning doing this and figured it could not hurt to try to 'seal' the area as much as possible. Regulating and filtering the airflow will be now added to the list.

I'm still in the early construction phases at this point. Yes I've had some storms of dusty rain. My wife wants me to leave the ceiling open, or at least that's what she's said in the past. Going forward its an open question. I have considered at least painting the ceiling either a dark blue or black, in the past.

Catenary is in the plan, although I don't know if it will be working or not. The Reading unit is an unmodified Tyco GG-1 from the '80's(I think on their C630 type frame arrangement). The PRR unit will eventually get some sort of Reading paint, either similar to the other unit(like the F units of the RDG), or something similar to one of their road switchers from the 50-60's, prior to the yellow and green scheme, or a third possible scheme similar to #118 that pulled the Crusader, with a silver and blue motif. The PRR unit has an Athearn BB Trainmaster chassis under it, which will need some sort of decoder, as the plan is to go to DCC.

I'm still in the early construction phases at this point. Yes I've had some storms of dusty rain. My wife wants me to leave the ceiling open, or at least that's what she's said in the past. Going forward its an open question. I have considered at least painting the ceiling either a dark blue or black, in the past.

Catenary is in the plan, although I don't know if it will be working or not. The Reading unit is an unmodified Tyco GG-1 from the '80's(I think on their C630 type frame arrangement). The PRR unit will eventually get some sort of Reading paint, either similar to the other unit(like the F units of the RDG), or something similar to one of their road switchers from the 50-60's, prior to the yellow and green scheme, or a third possible scheme similar to #118 that pulled the Crusader, with a silver and blue motif. The PRR unit has an Athearn BB Trainmaster chassis under it, which will need some sort of decoder, as the plan is to go to DCC.

Me too! Prepping the ceiling before table construction.

A dark ceiling will suck all the light from the room, even a light blue will darken to a shocking degree. Go with an off-white or eggshell. If you can swing it, seal that sucker off as best ya can! I'm going to drywall the whole thing and tape, mud and seal it as much as possible! The osb dust just explodes off my ceiling from the 'elephants' stomping around up there. Dust will 'kill' a layout!

As long as others are showing some oldie but goodie shots (nice ones BTW), here is a couple from me. First as the layout actually looks...

22YardDetail_w.png

Then as imagined what it should look like using Photoshop...

14YardDetailaw.png

Rico .... Your paper mill is very impressive.
KB02 .... ARR 3015 looks good.
Jay ... Your photography is great. Alcos look great on the bridge.
otiscnj.... Looks like a busy main line.
Montanan .... Your cattle pens must have taken a lot of time to build. They look very good.
Ray ... Your layout room is well made with the sheetrock walls and ceiling. .. Bridges look good. .. After studying the last two pictures, I see what you did with photoshop.
Corey ... I like your highway scene.
Terry ... That is a great photo with the water reflection.

--------

Below are photos of my Plumbing Supply House. ... I just completed it yesterday from a kit that is about 50 years old. It is mostly wood construction. ..... It is next to a Lumber Yard which many of you will recognoze as the common Atlas model. I did modify it and add details.

plumbing%20supply%201_zpsx4irnxkh.jpg

plumbing%20supply%203_zpsv9wwudxu.jpg

Well, as some of you will remember I had a disaster with my 1955 Hiawatha trying to get it ready for a video session. What I don't remember saying is that I did finish the 1936 Hiawatha and get it in for its show. Bill Rogers, the videographer, just wrote me a note saying it was done. So my "show off" for the week is his video of my Hiawatha running on the OC&E. Next time I'm going to get him a more era appropriate 2nd train for the meet at Quartz Mountain.

[video=youtube_share;I3Heh6CWNWc]https://youtu.be/I3Heh6CWNWc[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
rhoward, either you mastered your Photoshopped vision perfectly, or that is the same picture. Or did I miss something?

Back