Wpf 05/29 - 06/05

Rico

BN Modeller
All right folks it's time for everyone's favourite thread of the week!

I haven't had a chance to do any modelling but I did get a picture of some pretty cool track work:

image.jpg

This is in the Dominion Bridge complex in Winnipeg, MB.
It's the in plant narrow gauge line and is used to position cars under one of the many crane ways.

Interesting thought process. If you approach it from that angle only half of each rail (the side between the rails) is normally used.

what do you do to get the sense of distance?
I would guess high aperture settings, which is the normal way to do this. Also the reason I've not purchased a miniature camera. The highest setting I've been able to find is f10 where I would prefer f32. The closer to a pin hole the greater the depth of field.

Here's a small American Model Builders laserkit I finished painting today. Just needs a bit of weathering and it'll be done.
Grain Elevator #1.jpgGrain elevator #2.jpg

Rico ... Interesting. Not a good place for on-coming trains to meet.
Jay .. More than "just a yard shot"... It's great photo.
Ray .... I always like your photos of the SLOW.
Torsion .... The grain elevator looks good.
Below is a photo of my Walthers F7 ABA and my Athearn Genesis F3 AB.

Fs%20in%20BH%20_zpsigbnvh9g.jpg

Somebody asked me about the big pilot opening on the F7 in the Coffee Shop. Actually, it is prototypical. Burlington F3's and F7's were equipped with coupler covers which were hinged and opened like a double door. Eventually, crews did not bother to close them, and the Mechanical Department found them to be costly to maintain. So they were removed from most of the F-units. ....... Walthers inclded the coupler covers which I could install, but it is prototypical not to bother with them.

In the photo below, the coupler cover was still on the pilot, but it is left open by crews.

CBQ%20f3_zps8m3btbjz.jpg

Great job everyone as usual! Garry, I meant to speak to you the other week about your workshop photo . . .man, you are really making me look bad! LOL If my dog could talk, she'd say, 'No, I don't know where your glasses are, no, I don't know where your scissors are, and I certainly don't know where you put the glue!' Seriously, your work space looks great!!!

Well, I guess I'll go join the boys down at the cattle car.
Thanks for looking,
D.A.

Hobo Camp O Scale 1.jpg

D.A. Nice use of an old stock car! good job on the scene!

Really nice pictures all around!

Here is a shot of a few head of livestock next to the old shack:

Cliffs, Aspens 002.jpg

Nice looking Burlington F units there Garry.

Here's an SP ES44AC leading an UP mixed freight.

P1000572.JPG

Nice photo Mike. Haven't seen yo on for a while. It looks like some progress has been made. Always look forward to your pictures.

Garry always posts great photos. Those F units are sharp.

CHET

Nice photo Mike. Haven't seen yo on for a while. It looks like some progress has been made. Always look forward to your pictures.

Garry always posts great photos. Those F units are sharp.

CHET

Thanks Chet. Ya you know how life goes sometimes, been busy with other things.

How well do I know. I just got back from a week in El Paso for a bowling tournament and jumped right into some major remodeling projects. No time for trains at the moment.

New acquisition to my layout.....

Had unit 5014 for some time now...

3ccfbd9f8b4a4e3febe305530b327f5d.jpg

Acquired unit 5015 and it came in today....

86d6b19dccc5fdab3ff104592ec8b058.jpg

Both Kato units but obvious differences between them, wonder if one was customized.

e4cfeb718af8bcf0f32d2a7d512e501a.jpg

b2eb408a0ea1d15f2ec117abeb7dc870.jpg

997addc2c475d46111d8ab7cdd9aff5d.jpg

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's an old rebuild. Being a Northern Pacific fan, and having ridden on a real Challenger when I was a kid, I just had to have one. At the time I couldn't find one decorated for the Northern Pacific, so I managed to get this Riverossi Challenger which was decorated for the Union Pacific. I removed the smoke deflectors that cane on it and removed the second smoke stack. It was repainted and a few details were added. Unfortunately it was a miserable running locomotive with pickups on the drivers only. Pickups were added to the leading and trailing trucks and with a bit of tweaking, got it to run good.

attachment.php

Wouldn't you know it, about 6 months later Keystone came out with a beautiful brass version. Yes, I bought it, but now that my layout is much further along, neither of them see much track time. Too long for my turntables and you really wouldn't see this kind of locomotive on a short line switching railroad.

Back