WPF 03/22 to 03/28

Great looking town, Chief! I've got that McDonalds, from the 70's also. Dug it out recently when I saw what it can go for on ebay, these days. To bad I used testors glue in the tube, in those days. The 415 and its surroundings look interesting, even if it is one odd duck of a locomotive. Also love the Cheyenne night scene, to keep things short.

Thanks Otiscnj.

I probably paid too much for my McDonald's. But it is so perfect for my late 1950s Southern California layout. I modified the Life-Like kit a bit. I made this into a walk up style McDoanld's without the enclosed area in front. I also found a vintage style sign from a ceramic Christmas village set. Works perfectly.

I still have some work to do on the parking lot (cut the plastic sheet for it) and install and wire up the lighting. But I'm getting closer to finishing this area on the layout.

TxjPBw0.jpg

Link to large image

r1uua8M.jpg

Link to large image

I built the kit Christmas Day in the 70's sometime. So excited I skipped reading the instructions and examining the parts first. The result is not 'museum quality' as a result. In those days I was confused how all the windows fit, as I was used to places like you built it. Like your sign changeout. Not unprototypical,if memory serves me right. Take some more photos around town. The other buildings looked greats, too, even if they didn't have roofs,yet. You might try the old triangle cafe. Lots of detail, if you can find a spot for it.

Back