wow super cheap

The new QSI Titan U decoder with stereo sound would be awesome in there. Tony's trains has them for $99 and comes with the sound project of your choosing and 2 included speakers. My 2 Lionel HO verandas have QSI sound and dual speakers they sound really nice (and that was before the stereo options was available). I am waiting for Athearn to re-release the 4500 baby turbine to add to my UP behemoth collection. The MTH one is just too pricy for my budget plus I stay away from MTH due to their proprietary DCS system.
-Art

Would never have one of those on my LAJ layout, but have seen them go for alot less on eBay.

Great find and buy!

I agree, get the Titan and two speakers. If you buy it from Tony's Trains, it includes your choice of two speakers.

I had the Athearn Veranda, it's really nice, details, and paint is well done. I sold it few months ago. But it's heavy and not a good puller, disappointingly weak. I was only able to run 7 passenger cars up a 2% grade.

I'm getting the MTH version. They pull like Clydesdales on steroids.

Hmm, i viewed the listing and thought it was a pretty good price. I even contemplated crunching some numbers to see if i could afford one. It doesnt appear that others are overly impressed with the price though, i suppose ill hold off.

Still looks like a great buy to me Blackz28, looks like a good deal ! :D

Motley,
My Lionel HO Verand'a are excellent pullers. They have dual motors inside and have die cast shells (plenty of weight). If you see one on ebay I think you would like it. I have pulled 14 or more cars with ease (no grade). The QSI sound is also quite good.
-Art

The scuttlebutt is that the QSI Titan decoders for diesels haven't been shipped yet. They could be having problems similar to the ones that Soundtraxx had with the diesel Tsunami before it was released. If you remember, the diesel Tsunami was released around a year after the steam version.

The scuttlebutt is that the QSI Titan decoders for diesels haven't been shipped yet. They could be having problems similar to the ones that Soundtraxx had with the diesel Tsunami before it was released. If you remember, the diesel Tsunami was released around a year after the steam version.

I got my QSI titan for my U50 from Tony's trains. Apparently they are shipping :D
-Art

I considered it too, but then, I still have to buy a lot of lumber for the upcoming benchwork phase of the full basement layout.

pics? or it didn't happen...LOL
Not sure if you were talking to me or not. If so here are the only pics I got
veranda1.jpg

HOcollection1.jpg

No pics of it pulling...sorry
-Art

Back