Wiring Auto Reverse Module

Topherisme

Chris wants more hobby time!!!
Crude drawing, was in a hurry lol Will the wiring and plastic joiners as shown in the drawing work for an auto reverse unit? The diagrams I have seen all have the loop exiting and returning on the same turnout, but I don’t see why this won’t do the same thing… Not real sure this is how I want to proceed, but just in case I want to be prepped and ready
C0377B5D-E58C-4E6F-86E8-6AFDC8943B7C.jpeg

I assume your input power to the AR is at upper left, getting its power from the tracks. That's 'small o' okay. Most would power the AR directly off of the controller as rails, and especially their joiners, don't do a hot job of transmitting power reliably. It's always a best practice to power the AR as directly as possible, either from the command station or from a bus that gets its power directly from the command station.

Otherwise, you have the right idea...an isolated segment of trackage that gets its power only from the AR, which I suspect is the right hand set of feeders.

Think when I get home I will try an up and over to avoid doing a reversing loop, enough room will undoubtedly be a dilemma…

Yes. The only difference between your layout and the "basic" example drawing is the location of the insulated boundaries of the reversing section, which are correctly located for your scenario. Properly identifying the boundaries of the track that should be handled as a reversing section is the key thing, and the wiring is just the same.

The basic drawings always show the simple loop with a single turnout simply because it's the simplest example to illustrate, without any unrelated elements to distract from what is only trying to show the basic wiring concept.

Back