Winchester Model RR Club Open House

abutler

Spent a little time at the RR club this morning. Did a little video. Sorry about the quality. Best i could do. Hope you like it. Allen [video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203637338083144&l=329625770511299588 4[/video] As an after thought, no , I don't belong to the club.

Do they advertise these open houses? I usually look for model railroad activities in Virginia on a regular basis but didn't see this one.

They sure do run the trains fast! I guess it because of the public being there.

When we have our public show, we always get these two comments/questions.

Can you make them go faster???

Can you make them wreck???

To the question "Can you make them wreck?", answer "Yes, but it'll cost you $3000 to watch.

I thought they were running fast when I was there. Didn't think about the public aspect of it.

I think the general public are used to seeing videos of European automated layouts, where trains speed around at breakneck speeds, slam to a halt at stations, pause for a moment and then shoot off again like they just activated a rocket booster.

I'm sure that part of it was from when they were kids, and ran their train sets as fast as they would go. They don't realize that prototype trains have speed limits, just like cars and trucks do.

Back