Who's your favorite?

Jason
IMG_3184.JPG

Runners up, Maxine and Starli
IMG_1151.JPG
IMG_1159.JPG

Here is my favorite man on the old layout, I would move him around. I don't know what happened to him...must have wandered off

man.JPG

On my current layout, this guy (I haven't named these guys)

man 3.JPG

This guy dressed up for work. I like that.

Dave LASM

Don't have any pictures right now, but I've got a few guys kneeling down in the alley behind a building who appear to be betting on some "galloping dominios", while a cop in the next block is directing traffic around a work crew. My real favorite is a man with a little boy on his shoulders who is waiting for the train with President Harry Truman to come through Galesburg, Illinois, in 1948 or 1950 (there is some dispute on the date with the Burlington Route Historical Society). I periodically run a train with the Fernand Magellin with President Truman, Bess and an aide on the rear platform. The reason I like this scene is that the man was my Dad and the little boy was me. Dad wanted me to see the president, since our Zephyr was sidetracked in Galesburg while the president's train was stopped!

Don't have any pictures right now, but I've got a few guys kneeling down in the alley behind a building who appear to be betting on some "galloping dominios", while a cop in the next block is directing traffic around a work crew. My real favorite is a man with a little boy on his shoulders who is waiting for the train with President Harry Truman to come through Galesburg, Illinois, in 1948 or 1950 (there is some dispute on the date with the Burlington Route Historical Society). I periodically run a train with the Fernand Magellin with President Truman, Bess and an aide on the rear platform. The reason I like this scene is that the man was my Dad and the little boy was me. Dad wanted me to see the president, since our Zephyr was sidetracked in Galesburg while the president's train was stopped!
amazing story! Thanks for sharing it.

better_pic_of_Ben.JPG

My favorite character is "Ben Gawkin".
Local photographer and bit of a celebrity on the model railroad.
Also the center of a layout controversy.
He's seen here in action during the great Mill Street clean up.
Another character is " Old Jeb".
He's standing by the grey truck.

Back