Who makes American style HO crossing gates?

Jim 68cuda

So, what product is everyone now using for HO scale crossing gates? Whether you want operating or non-operating crossing gates, it appears that Walthers now only only has the toy like grade crossing with gates for the Bachmann EZ track. I've had NJ International crossing gates, like the one in the photo, on backorder at Walthers for a couple years now. I just received an e-mail saying the back order has been cancelled as the manufacturer has discontinued the item. All the various NJ International varieties of both working and non-working crossing gates appear to have the same status. So, I am wondering if there are any other sources for similar crossing gates.

1709145778199.png

Thanks. That first one looks to be within budget. But, it ships from China, and the manufacturer's name on the circuit board is WeHonest Company.

Kind of sad that American vendors stock the European crossing gates, but to get American style crossing gates they need to be ordered directly from WeHonest Company, the manufacturer, in China.

Thanks. That first one looks to be within budget. But, it ships from China, and the manufacturer's name on the circuit board is WeHonest Company.
Yep, dealt with them a bunch of times, I've never had a problem with any of their stuff which includes signals, crossbuck lights etc. nearly all the lights on my layout are from them and if there's a problem he'll just send you another set for free. I think the US takes 10-14 days for delivery.

I like the automated ones they have, but not enough space for one of those on my layout.:(

Last edited:
Walthers makes or did at one time a whole line of grade crossing signals.
This is now the only American style HO scale crossing gate that Walthers carries. The NJ International crossing gates have been discontinued and out of stock for years, though they are still listed on the website. No other options with Walthers.
1709158536004.png

Looks like a trip to Target could possibly score a few HO (or close to HO) crossing gates (non-operating) as part of the Jada "Nano Scene" series "Fast and Furious" diorama. Apparently the set includes extra unbroken crossing gates that can be used to replace the "broken" ones in the display. But, I think I'll hold out for more realistic looking crossing gates.
1709489005466.png

1709489147773.png

Back