Which DCC Decoder Board Do You Use ?

QSI decoders had indices. Like a library, you had to acquire a 'row', and then get the book once you had the row. To change Master Volume, for example, you had to first set CV49 to a number clearly spelled out in the manual, and then go to another CV and set the volume for that particular sound, say whistle or bell. Yeah, it was a bit cumbersome, but it worked reliably and did what you hoped it would do.

I started out with ESU sound decoders and they are nice. They are a pita to tweak unless you have a Loksound programmer. I don’t and that plus adding a plug-in keep alive is why I am trying a Soundtraxx Tsunami2 that I purchased yesterday, 1/28. No windows based computers in the house so I cannot use JMRI.

I buy only DCC ready locomotives. I feel even buying myand installing is a better deal then mfg installed.

Speakers mean a lot in our sound equipped models. I received in the mail 2 speakers from Scale Sound Systems on 1/27, Thursday. Next topic could be which speakers do we use.

TomO

Speakers mean a lot in our sound equipped models. I received in the mail 2 speakers from Scale Sound Systems on 1/27, Thursday. Next topic could be which speakers do we use.
Couldn't agree more there. A junk speaker or bad speaker install will make the best sound processor sound horrible. On the other hand a good speaker installed well can make a marginal sound processor be acceptable to the ears.

Back