Wheres a good place?

need2drag

Where is a good place to buy stuff online? The main thing I am in need of is foam, but I think I will just order that from Woodland Scenics. I am wondering mainly where a good place for other items such as scenery, figures, track accessories. Pretty much anything needed for a layout. Thanks in advance.

I'll second hobbylinc. You can get most items for about 20% off retail. I have seen that cchobbies.com seems to have the best price on track. Well, at least for Peco.

My #1 choice is http://www.1stplacehobbies.com./ located in Indiana. Anyone east of the Mississippi will benefit from the very quick response and delivery time for shipment. Prices are usually the lowest and if you have to call, the customer service is just like being one-on-one in a hobby shop. Very friendly bunch of folks.

I'm with Rex on this one. 1st Place hobbies lets me know before I order if something is on backorder, and will notify me via email when it's available. They are very fast in getting their orders out and correctly (right items, correct quantities etc.)

Thanks for the help everyone. The main thing I am having a hard time finding right now, is a decent looking curved bridge. That is one of the main things I am gonna need before I can lay the track on my layout.

Faller, Heljan, Kibri, Noch, Vollmer, & most of the foreign companies make long & short curved bridges. Go on line & check out their web sites.

Larry

Has anyone ordered from hobbylink.com before? Are they a good place to shop from? I was browsing through their site, and they have a lot of things I want, and pretty good prices as well. They have the foam sheets I am looking for as well and for cheaper than Woodland Scenics is selling them, so I am thinking about going through them.

Yes, many times. They have good prices, particularly on WS products, ship fast, and I've yet to have a backorder problem on anything their web site said was in stock. Good outfit.

Back