where to find...

athearn trucks? Does anyone know a good source of these on the internet or otherwise? I need to get new trucks for my GP9 since I kinda messed 'em up when I did the tuneup (ripped the one clip off, now there is no contact to the wheels.) The unit runs, but there is no contact on the rear truck so I am getting intermittent power failure. I also need some wheels for it as well, so any supplier of athearn parts would be appreciated! Thanks all!

What do you mean by "clip"? Is it the little plastic thing that holds the power kead onto the pickup strip in the truck?
If so, just take apart the truck and solder the wire back on. You will then have morereliable pickup than you would get from friction and the plastic piece.

I mean the little metal clip, it's the one that comes up in an L pattern over the trucks. On this GP9, that metal piece was press-fit onto the pickups for the power from the trucks. When I pried it off, the hole must have opened up and now it won't stay in place. It's fine though, I wanted to upgrade those trucks anyway to the newer style. These trucks route power from the wheels into the sideframes. Will I have to get the same type of replacement trucks, or can I use the newer style?

Back