Where to find brick sheets

tlark

beside Walthers does anyone have any sources to share. Plasticstruct (sp) I know carries which I have used. I want something that comes in a larger sheet sized if possible. Any help is welcome........

I think Evergreen also makes sheets, along with Plastruct & Walthers. I doubt you'll find too much larger of a sheet then they make.

I found some nice stuff from "John Rendall Scale Models" at the hobby store the other day. The sheets are on the small size so it might be useful for you. It has an unusual brick pattern which is perfect for my project!

PLASTRUCT makes the largest brick sheets I've seen. I have them in 6" wide x 4' long. I've never seen bigger from any other company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oddly enough I have found the best brick sheets come from N Scale Architect's "Model Builder Supply Line" series of products. The sell them in 2 packs of 11x14 inch sheets for $19.95. In their HO/N line they have modern brick, fritishy bond, flemish bond, brick bridge arches, concrete block, ceramic tile, american bond and slate roofing. They also make these in O scals some truely large scale 1/24. Sheets are thin .020 or so plastic and bond with Evergreen with regular plastic cements. The modern brick is current construction style 50's+ while the felmish or american bond is more turn of last century.

Thanks for the help I guess I should be calling on Plastruct instead of Walthers as they did not offer the 6"x 4' sheets, and also the Model Builder Supply Line....do you have a link for that company.

Anyone familar with the numerous brick buildings in the west bottoms of KC will know why I ask. After 2 DPM structures scratch built at 5 stories , 1 with a footprint of 12" X 20" and another @ 14" x 12" I would like to find a better way if possible.

I have started another way with card stock with window cut-outs then brick sheets that are spray adheisive attached. At that point I cut out the window openings in the brick sheet from behind with exacto knife and insert the windows. With four other huge 7 to 10 story brick buildings to follow begs the question. I couln't get the seems to match up and will have use some type of filler on the one far right. The second picture with the box reflects the size needed for two other structures plus two large back drop buildings behind the DPM scratch builts. Many thanks........

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help I guess I should be calling on Plastruct instead of Walthers as they did not offer the 6"x 4' sheets, and also the Model Builder Supply Line....do you have a link for that company.

Anyone familar with the numerous brick buildings in the west bottoms of KC will know why I ask. After 2 DPM structures scratch built at 5 stories , 1 with a footprint of 12" X 20" and another @ 14" x 12" I would like to find a better way if possible.

--SNIP -- .

Here is the link for a nifty piece of software that will allow you to use your color printer to print all the bricks you want in any scale. Brickyard

Their modelbuilder will allow you to add windows, doors, cornice etc and print on that color printer.

http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/

Other than the cost, what is the issue with DPM?

Other than the cost, what is the issue with DPM?

No issue with DPM, like you said cost but also the ability to produce larger sized buildings in a cost & time effective way. If DPM would produce 5" by 12" wall sections with or without windows I would be all over it. For my needs, the designs DPM offers simply done work b/c. On a larger scale city or industrial scene there must be some varied look to the design aspects so everthing does not look the same.

tlark, have you seen the MR article about resin cast copying of building parts? It might be a tad cheaper.

Back