What's in a name...

MOWboss

Just completed "the bad side of town" or the wrong side of town or the other side of the tracks. The kind of area that your parents
warned you about and was generally spoken in quiet whispers. Need help in calling it something. Looking for a name that conjures
up an image in old sailors and seasoned travelers like "Tijuana" or "Pigalle" ... If you know what I mean.... Like every night is Mardi Gras....

This section has a strip joint, a "social club", liquor store, pawn shop, (dirty) divorce detective, tattoo (& massage) parlor, Harley sales/repair
and a smoke shop. All the kinds of nefarious, illegal, corrupt businesses city fathers are ashamed of....

I have a control panel that controls rail traffic to industries in the area and I'll probably (lovingly) refer to it as "something side" or "something place" or "something" junction, lane, road, park.....

Sorry - all ready considered Pennsylvania Avenue - but won't fit on the street sign....
1699639471237.jpeg

Just completed "the bad side of town" or the wrong side of town or the other side of the tracks. The kind of area that your parents
warned you about and was generally spoken in quiet whispers. Need help in calling it something. Looking for a name that conjures
up an image in old sailors and seasoned travelers like "Tijuana" or "Pigalle" ... If you know what I mean.... Like every night is Mardi Gras....

This section has a strip joint, a "social club", liquor store, pawn shop, (dirty) divorce detective, tattoo (& massage) parlor, Harley sales/repair
and a smoke shop. All the kinds of nefarious, illegal, corrupt businesses city fathers are ashamed of....

I have a control panel that controls rail traffic to industries in the area and I'll probably (lovingly) refer to it as "something side" or "something place" or "something" junction, lane, road, park.....

Sorry - all ready considered Pennsylvania Avenue - but won't fit on the street sign....
View attachment 176635
How about 'Dog Patch'?

Later

That's a great idea, as most old cities and towns have their "bad" side of town. Some places I've lived near were simply referred to as the East End or South Side because they were entire neighborhoods.

Maybe call it Risky Drive (Dr), Whiskey Ln, Stiletto St, Molotov Landing, maybe something along those lines...?

Back