• 35-55

Votes: 82 38.3%
  • 55-75

Votes: 64 29.9%
  • 75 and older

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Although perhaps presented here as rather tongue-in-cheek, this is indeed a very real situation, or effect. The proposed explanation for it is that the human mind is constantly, but subconsciously, always comparing the current passage of an interval of time to the full experienced duration of the person's life up to that point. Thus, a year to a six or seven year-old would seem excessively long and dragged out, while to an octogenarian a year would seem to just fly by. ;)

NYW&B
It seems like when I got to be 65 my days went in seconds instead of hours.
Now that I'm 71 it goes by in milliseconds.:)

I thought it was the passing of gas!;)

Not unless you have the dis-stink-cheon of being an Old Fart.:)[/QUOTE]

Larry, I've often wondered........... Does being a "long-winded old fart" mean that you can "whistle" Beethoven's 5th Symphony in an elevator?

Bob

Not unless you have the dis-stink-cheon of being an Old Fart.:)

Larry, I've often wondered........... Does being a "long-winded old fart" mean that you can "whistle" Beethoven's 5th Symphony in an elevator?

Bob[/QUOTE]
Use to be able to do that before I passed 70, not it takes a little longer. It's more like a thud in a pile of mudd.;)

'bout a month away from 25. i've gotten progressively nerdier since finishing undergraduate studies. it's nice not to have the social conventions of a school thrust upon you on a constant basis.

hence why in the past year i've returned to table-top wargaming and model trains. i always have motorcycling and ice hockey to lean on in case i need to appear edgy, anyway.

One of the advantages of getting older is gaining experience.
Boy, am I ever experienced!

After almost 20 years of serious modeling, I am starting to lay track on my third layout. I'm dragging my feet, because I forsee another move in my future, and layout number 4. Not quite the type of experience I like to brag about.:eek:

Im 20 years old. feel like im 30, but normally think like im in my 50s or my 40s... depending on how i wake up in the morning and if i get my meds before or after i eat.....:D

I am 38 and my son is 7 - as an adder my father is 66. The three of us use the information provided here to help my son into model railroading - he is the reason we got into it (my father was a switchman and later on a coal dock worker). His experiences and our railroading history in the family has led to a few Conrail engine and a few NYC engines. Thank you all for your continuing assistance.

Young yes young.....

52 here, so its time to rediscover my childhood me thinks.
New to Forum also here, been almost 40 years since I laid track, seems I have a lot to learn now.
Was HO b4 am thinking a LARGE N scale thing this time around. Lots of scenery and a lil track.
In one word.. Help, in another word. DISCOVERY!!
Hello everyone From Iowa!

Tim Sr.

Welcome, Tim, to the forum. Many of us are getting back into it. One of the most exciting changes is the advent of DCC, with sound and function control and other electronic controls - signals, power districts, etc. Initially, DCC was intimidating but after guidance from members of this forum its easier than DC block control.

I'm running HO scale with Digitrax Zypher and enjoying all the phases of model railroading. Be sure to keep pictures posted of your layout (when I was last involved they were called "pikes").

Regards,
Jon
http://www.dollhousedesigns.com/ModelRR/ModelRR.html

Thank you Jon for the Welcome.
DCC yes one of the new things to learn. I am imagining this is very similar to utilizing a PLC controller but with a module being used or implemented somehow, but then I am prolly way off here.
Right now that part of the fun will wait, its the old budget thing. I will spill (Share) a lil, as this getting back into MRR is 2 fold, my dream, and I have a 13 Year old Step Son now, who really needs focus's available to him not in front of games and TV like. I tossed him a model, that went good! so now the next step, the old man and he time together. So at first Ill keep it simple, say a 20 by 40 foot board set, and maybe 6 or 8 levels.
Honestly though I am setting aside an area of 12 ft by 10 ft to work with. I want to see the imagination flow in a young one.
The last few days I have been pondering over the choice of go N gauge, or stay with the HO. N is more expensive, not a lot but some, but the detail might be hard for my eyes now, and HO will be I think limiting in the scenery value. Either way I start over, all new equipment here. Before I lay and wire the track I will investigate the DCC further, see what I may need to consider for conversion later.
Anyway thank you for the welcome, a few thoughts of mine.

Tim Sr.

Back