"what is this NP/BN boxcar?"

rustam

Hello! I have a question for you guys - "what is this car?"

I have a model kit from the manufacturer ACCURAIL. I planned to change the trucks put on KADEE. But the photo that I found on the net talking about the different information.

In the photo of the car in the color kit ACCURAIL BN. But in real life, I found this car only in the color of the NP.

Who knows what the right to put trucks with axle boxes or bearings? And all this is done correctly?

Attachments

• accurail_boxcar_BN.jpg
    accurail_boxcar_BN.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 192
  • bn_boxcar_01.jpg
    bn_boxcar_01.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 194
  • bn_boxcar_02.jpg
    bn_boxcar_02.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 198
  • bn_boxcar_03.jpg
    bn_boxcar_03.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 194
I would say this box car was repainted in 1970 when NP merged with other lines to form the Burlington Northern Railroad.

Excellent Research done by you, Rustam !!!!

LASM

Good to see you again bud!
I know in the four pics two are combination door (plug and sliding) and two are double door (both sliding).
Yours looks pretty bang on with the proto photo other than it had the roof walks removed.

Thanks!

I understand - it's an old boxcar former Nortern Pacific. Repainted in green BN in the early 70's. Then right trucks are old - with upper parts. I also understand that the model you want to delete the track on the roof. And here's another question - what color should be the roof - silver or green?

Back