What happened to Sinatra's trains?

RedRyder77

I know that the big man was a fan of model railroading, probably didn't know that he was such a fan of them until a few years ago though. There is a little shop I go to here in NJ, Tony's Train Town that has a picture of Mr. Sinatra holding one of his tinplates and that sparked some conversation with another customer a few years ago.

What I took from the story was that after he passed, Nancy was supposed to get the trains and they were to be displayed somewhere where the public could view and enjoy them. Unfortunately one of her brothers got into the estate first, got hold of them and now they're gone. Does anyone know what happened to his collection?

Another thought: Why hasn't Lionel ever had a commemorative car for Frank Sinatra? They could probably get away with an entire set but personally I think a collection of box cars that display old album covers and artwork would be a great idea. I generally shy away from that sort of thing, I have no interest in an Elvis collection or NASCAR set etc etc..Sinatra however, I'd have to buy. Why not an annual Christmas car with one of his album covers? It's pretty well known he was a fan and collector, I'd have to think they'd sell a good number of sets that honored the man and his music. Thoughts?

After reading the book "When the mob ran Las Vegas" I sure wouldn't want that guy's face on anything. Good singing or otherwise, some of us don't like him much.

Back