What about CVP EasyDCC?

Truckload

Great discussion in another thread on NCE vs Digitrax. Anyone using the CVP EasyDCC system? It shows up in Model Railroader videos a lot. And their new wireless throttle seems great. Thoughts?

A local mrr friend of mine has had a CVP wireless system for ~7-8 years and he seems quite happy with it.

Our local club had the Easy DCC. We now have an NCE wireless system, and the Easy DCC system was donated to a local landfill. While it was removed before my time, stories about it abound, and not in a good way. I asked about it one day, and thought I was going to be run out of the club on a rail.

Great discussion in another thread on NCE vs Digitrax. Anyone using the CVP EasyDCC system? It shows up in Model Railroader videos a lot. And their new wireless throttle seems great. Thoughts?
If I had lots of money. If I didn't already have 5 DCC systems. And if I was buying a new system today I would go with the CVP system. I love the two throttles built into the console. I like the way the console command controls work sort of like one is talking to it. The, Assign loco x to consist y, and Set direction loco x to reverse, sort of things.

And as you already noted the new wireless throttles are top notch. They have solved the 8 wireless throttle limit that earlier systems were crippled with.

The CVP system I currently have is their first generation system, I think it might have actually been built before the final version of the NMRA standard was approved. It only has 2 channel addressing. The computer interface is a back and forth one direction at a time communication. And as I said before it can only have 8 wireless throttles. I can understand why when comparing it to 20 year newer technology people would consider it poorly. I can say they are not comparable. It would be like comparing the original 2 channel Wangro to the current NCE, and the MRC Command-2000 to their current Prodigy Advanced. Lots changes in 20 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had lots of money. If I didn't already have 5 DCC systems. And if I was buying a new system today I would go with the CVP system. I love the two throttles built into the console. I like the way the console command controls work sort of like one is talking to it. The, Assign loco x to consist y, and Set direction loco x to reverse, sort of things.

And as you already noted the new wireless throttles are top notch. They have solved the 8 wireless throttle limit that earlier systems were crippled with.

The CVP system I currently have is their first generation system, I think it might have actually been built before the final version of the NMRA standard was approved. It only has 2 channel addressing. The computer interface is a back and forth one direction at a time communication. And as I said before it can only have 8 wireless throttles. I can understand why when comparing it to 20 year newer technology people would consider it poorly. I can say they are not comparable. It would be like comparing the original 2 channel Wangro to the current NCE, and the MRC Command-2000 to their current Prodigy Advanced. Lots changes in 20 years.

Thanks for all the info, it really helps.

Back