Western Plains Dash 8-40

UPBigBoy

J&A Paint Shops
Western Plains Corp will be receiving their first Dash 8-40 shortly. It will be delivered to their engine shop to get fitted with the handrails and couplers plus a decoder board to run the engine plus all lights including the ditch lights.

IMGP1864.png

IMGP1862.png

IMGP1865.png

IMGP1863.png

IMGP1861.png

IMGP1866.png

Everything on this one is paint including the names, main numbers and letters, only the numbers on the number boards are decals. The colours are custom colours - including the black which was mixed to get a slightly different colour.

Just have to remove the window masks so it can be taken over to their shops. Two more to deliver within the next 3 days; then one of their box cars goes into the paint shop for a repaint.

Sharp looking lettering and numbers. Do you use masking or stencils or what?

Vinyl letters, the same as when making a sign, just have to be careful as to what colour you use as some are harder to get into the valleys and over hinges etc., paint the colour you want the name to be, let it really dry, then put the name where you want it, rub it down really well then paint the surrounding colour, when dry remove the vinyl letters. I can make them right down to 1/8" depending on the font.

Want to try it? Just send me the font, height of the letters and I'll send you a sample.

Jim

Back