Went to Lowes today

Goldnut

I been needing 2 sheets of hardwood plywood for my layout. I need hardwood so I can stain it to match my shelves for my layout. It will be used in the corners of the room. I hadnt bought any yet since it was 56.00 bucks a sheet. Had to stop at Lowes today for some other stuff and walked down the lumber aisle. WELL, Lowes is discontinuing its Oak laminated plywood today. I ask the manager what he wanted for them. He said 10 bucks a sheet!!! I only need 2 but bought 4. Sometimes my timing aint too bad! Score!:);)

When I say Oak laminated I mean that the last ply of wood is the Oak surface. Im sure the under layers are cheaper wood. If that makes sense.
It's quite common for the face ply to be of a better quality if the board was made to have that as a feature. Some have both sides like that. More important, is the type/strength/weathering qualities of the glue between the plies for the purpose the sheets were intended for use. Interior, exterior or marine. Even with marine, there are differences between hull and deck ply.

[QUOTE="Goldnut, post: 475542, member: 7375"WELL, Lowes is discontinuing its Oak laminated plywood today. I ask the manager what he wanted for them. He said 10 bucks a sheet!!! [/QUOTE] WELL, I am off to Lowes! I think there are 4 between home and office.

Back