Went to as local haunted house over the weekend

JeffH

We live out, away from the urban areas, about 20 or so miles outside of Columbus, Ohio. Our house is about 3 miles away from "The Haunted Hoochie" which has been a haunted attraction for probably around 30-some years. It gets better every year, and we go through it once every few years... More often when our kids were school-age.

We went this past Friday night. Waited in line about 3 hours, maybe a little longer than that, but it was worth it. They have actors that come out and work the crowds in line, and play loud music and show videos.

The family right in front of us in line had their daughter with them. She was probably 10 yeas old, maybe 11. This actor was was working the crowd. He was dressed as a creepy old clown. He stopped in front of that little girl, knelt down... looked her in the eyes, and asked: "Do you know how to run?"

I was sure that would freak her out... but no... she fired right back: "I'm probably faster than you." My kind of kid! The dude stood up, patted her on the head, smiled, and moved on to the next unsuspecting person, lol.

They don't allow pictures once inside, but here's a shot of one of the buildings that sells food and drinks.

We haven't been since before COVID. And that was also before Ohio unofficially decriminalized marijuana possession (it's still illegal, just not prosecuted). I think I got high just standing in line, lol. I smelled it almost constantly. I may or may not have been breathing deeply in a veiled attempt to relive my younger years.
1666193368212.png

Not a haunted house, but a haunted railway. Towards Halloween a ghost is seen at Leeds Sovereign Street Station.

IMG_2456.JPG

Sometimes he appears near Clarence Dock Goods Yard

IMG_2457.JPG

David

Back