Weekly Photo Fun 3/20 through 3/27

Nice caboose shots, everybody !

Here is another caboose.

waycaronbranchline.jpg

0726150936.png

I haven't been home in a very long time to work on anything. However, I've got a ton of cabooses (I prefer cabeese, it just sounds cooler) (I think I'm a caboose addict.) that I've started and shipped home. Once I get home I'll build a shop for my railroad that specializes in rebuilding cabeese for different railroads. It's not prototypically correct, but I'll call it plausable.

Anyhow, here's a nearly completed outside braced caboose that I did some work on last summer. Tomar Adlake markers and an LED interior light. The inside is a mess with wiring, so I'll need to solve that issue for my fleet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't actually know of anybody who doesn't call multiple cabooses, "Cabeese"!! Though I've also pondered the question, one Octopus, two or more Octopi... One Caboose, two or more Cabi?

Australian railways never had cabeese either. The plural for "Guards' Van" isn't anywhere near as fun...

Mitch

Maybe you can help me then. When did the DM&IR begin using this scheme with the arrow head on it? I'm thinking I should have gotten the one without.

Oh, sorry to say. Iron Horseman, I probably know less about the "DM&IR" than just about any other RR in the world. I did not know that they ever had any "shorty" type cabeese?

I don't actually know of anybody who doesn't call multiple cabooses, "Cabeese"!! Though I've also pondered the question, one Octopus, two or more Octopi... One Caboose, two or more Cabi?

Australian railways never had cabeese either. The plural for "Guards' Van" isn't anywhere near as fun...

Mitch

Actually, the proper plural for Octopus is "Octopuses." Greek based. Sounds awfully dirty, but it is right.

Wow, lotsa fine-looking cabin cars displayed on this thread!

Here is one from the archives that I dressed up for my private road:

IronBelt_Cab23_d_zpsb4d4b8b5.jpg

Actually, the proper plural for Octopus is "Octopuses." Greek based. Sounds awfully dirty, but it is right.

Right you are, KB02. We should probably start calling them Cabooctapuses. Haha. Here's one of mine:

a0jn0h.jpg

Mitch

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitch, being an Aussie, that makes me want to go grab a G scale caboose in my hand and say "That's not a caboose, THIS is a CABOOSE".

I may be late to the party, but oh well. Here's a couple L&N cabeese. I scratch-built the Family Lines transfer caboose, and the bay window cab is an old Athearn with new paint.some day I'll get around to weathering them.
20160328_105659[1].jpg

I've got a ton of cabooses (I prefer cabeese, it just sounds cooler)
Yeah me too, but none of my research on the origin of the word (regardless of how I spun it, even going back to Algonquin) can justify the use of cabeese. So for the sake of the purity of the language I'm in the caboose camp. One caboose, two caboose, look at all those caboose.

Hopefully it's not too late to join in on the photo fun. This isn't a caboose, but I did this tonight so I figured I'd share. I was flipping through a PDF of an EMD F7 manual and decided I liked the look of the drawings, and I realized that since I've got a couple F-units running around my HO layout, why not put the drawings on the wall behind the table?

So after much work in GIMP to get the sizing just right and get the "Electro Motive Division" on top, I framed the two drawings in a double frame. I only had to edit the photo to move the "Electro-Motive Division - General Motors Corporation" header; originally it was turned 90 degrees but I liked the look of it so I just moved it.

51ekNXi.jpg

WKZOL1J.jpg

p0HhB9s.jpg

Overall I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

Back