Weekend Brain Teaser

trainmastr1

CEO- CV&WRR
I thought I would thro this out to have a little fun with layout design. I have a 34" x 8' layout bench and am working in N-scale. I am very big on operation, mainly freight. Car Cards, waybills, and possibly a fast clock. So here are the parameters of the layout.

1. Min radius 11"
2. Must be able to run 2 trains at one time
3. Need 5 Industrial sidings, 3 to be multi track
4. Must be able to run at least 160 cars on waybill system
5. Eng serv facilitie
6. yard capacity should be able to hold 90+ standard size cars
7. must allow for furture expansion at a later time

Below I have included a starting schematic for reference: :eek::confused:

cvwr01sec1.jpg

I will further update the track plan as we go along. Have fun. BTW; this is not a contest, but just a project to clear out the cobwebs, so have fun with it. :D

sp2562ani.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe1.gif

That depends. However, for now the top will be against a wall. 34" is not all that hard to reach across. Actually, right now I can sit at the table, so almost eye level, but can stand if I have too. :D

sp2562ani.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe1.gif

No...not necessarily. This can be used later on an expansion when it gets moved to basement. Anythings possible. :D

sp2562ani.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe1.gif

Ok. Here is what I have come up with and operating now. It is partially landscaped for the Southwest, and has a few industrial bldgs on it. It is basically a temp layout until I can get my basement squared away, But I do run 20 scheduled trains, and approx 165 cars on a car card/waybill system. The layout is located in our livingroom behind the couch, and I'm able to sit down at it, as it is 29" above the floor. Works for me..lol! :D

cvwr01sec6.jpg

Dspsd40t2left.gif
Dspsd40t2right.gif
Dspsd40t2right.gif
hersrud86auto-n_ssw1.gif
hersrud86auto-n_ssw1.gif
hersrud86auto-n_ssw1.gif
hersrud86auto-n_ssw1.gif
hersrud86auto-n_ssw1.gif
hersrud86auto-n_ssw1.gif
hersrud86auto-n_ssw1.gif
hersrud86auto-n_ssw1.gif