We lost another model railroad publication-Model Railroad News.

Chris,
I subscribed to that publication for many years when it was in Newspaper format. I liked it a lot better that way. When they went to the magazine w/all the advertising & a smaller story base I cancelled. For many years it was $15.00 a year when it was a paper. When they went to a magazine the price went up.

Larry

What a shame, we lost another one.:( We lost MrDing, MRN, whats next, NMRA mag then RMC??? In a few years well just have MR remaining.
Then I'll just have to go fly a kite!!:eek:

Don't forget Mainline Modeler and Railmodel Journal. I have looked at MRH, and it's nice enough, but what can I say...I'm an old schooler. I like the feel of a magazine in my hands. it doesn't need electricity or batteries, it's faster to find what I want to read in it, and I can stuff it in my back pocket , forget it's there, and not break anything whan I sit down :D.

It was a good mag, and fun to write for. I'll miss them.

Don't forget Mainline Modeler and Railmodel Journal. I have looked at MRH, and it's nice enough, but what can I say...I'm an old schooler. I like the feel of a magazine in my hands. it doesn't need electricity or batteries, it's faster to find what I want to read in it, and I can stuff it in my back pocket , forget it's there, and not break anything whan I sit down :D.

It was a good mag, and fun to write for. I'll miss them.

True, I did forget the others, but you forgot one other perk of any magazine.

It's hard to take an online magazine from the workbench to the layout to the "reading room" (or any combination of moves) very easily.

True, I did forget the others, but you forgot one other perk of any magazine.

It's hard to take an online magazine from the workbench to the layout to the "reading room" (or any combination of moves) very easily.

newsflash: laptop ;)

Back