We gol darn gone and done it!

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Hey all. Please disregard my other DCC threads. Today I paid a visit to our local Digitrax dealer. We're the proud new owners of a 5A Super Chief system! I'm excited and that doesn't begin to cover LGM's thoughts on the matter. :D Now all we have to do is read the manuals and run trains. We actually had one of our locos programmed on a friend's Digitrax system Sunday night so we got to run it already. :D I've got to add a feeder to one section of track, it won't trip the system during a hard short so it's lacking power. That will be an easy fix. Well, I just had to tell ya'll! Can you tell we're pumped???

OlsmilinEd said:
All the best to you. All the systems have some learning curve and do some screwy things from time to time, but there is nothing like running trains on a DCC layout! The newer Digitrax stuff is top notch. When I bought a system back in 1998 I did not like the Digitrax offerings at the time, but the new stuff is 1000% improved! You and LGM will have a ball.

Cheers

There definitely is a learning curve. I like the Digitrax stuff but was looking very hard at NCE. I believe it to be more "user friendly". That said, we've got an individual Digitrax dealer locally that cuts some sweet deals and is great to work with. For instance, since it was after hours, I couldn't get to the bank before it closed and he just let me have the system and I'll send him a check tomorrow! What service. Also, everyone in our area uses Digitrax, there's very few other major systems in use locally. Now we have compatibility when we visit other layouts or show ours. Troubleshooting will be easier because a throttle suspected of giving problems can be easily tried on another system. It all just added up and the answer was Digitrax!

Back