Walther's Superior Paper Company Kit

Bioman67

This is my second build of a Walther's kit, the first of which went fine. I am on my second kit now, the Superior paper. Am I missing the point of something? Or more to the point, why do I have all of these extra parts with no directions for assembly or usage. Now to be fair, the piss poor badly printed “single fold out sheet” of directions did state that the kit contains extra parts. It sounded as if these extra parts referred to chemical solution vessels that you could chose to place randomly depending on space availability as seen in the upper right of the photo. What I have leftover, is a great deal more as you can see in the pictures, some of which appear to be two structures (upper and Lower left) and a lot of little stubby things (lower right) of unknown usage. So, am I missing a sheet of directions or is Walther's simply weird?

Attachments

• Superior Paper Spare Parts.jpg
    Superior Paper Spare Parts.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 20
Most Walthers kits contain extra parts. That is the beauty of a lot of their kits, They wont be used on this build. Throw them in a box, and use the extra stuff to kit bash with.

Looks like vents and air conditioners on the right, never seen the one on the left but looks like Quonset shed parts with no roof?
And yes I’ve got so many left over Walthers parts I’ve recently begun chucking them out.

Many times the sprues in Walther's kits are used for more than one kit. Saves them money to do that. Those parts are probably for another kit that also uses some of the parts that you used. The extra styrene doesn't cost them much, but the tool designing and die making costs a bunch. Better for them to make one die that can be used for multiple kits than to make several separate ones. The drawback for the consumer is that most times you get walls but no roof as in the case of what looks like a Quonset hut in your picture.
You're absolutely right on about their overall piss-poor instruction sheets though.

I love that Walther’s kits have extra stuff in them. It makes easy to kitbash with either the same model, or use the parts elsewhere. I have an entire box of sprues that have assorted bits and bobs attached. 😀

Back