Walthers Passenger car Paint removal

Hey guys

I have some Walthers cars that I have disassembled and I would like to strip them down and repaint them into the home colors. What method would work the best for paint removal on these cars?

Scalecoat II paint stripper is what I use on everything I have to strip the paint off unless i sand blast them. The only thing it does not work well on is Kato shells. I used that paint stripper on those engines I painted for you in the past.

Thanks Jeff!

Also, the LAWL got a Tsunami Alco 251 Sound decoder... Next I need to figure out how to get everything to fit... Sucker is small. I am thinking of ripping everything out of the inside and using these:

http://www.nwsl.com/motors-power-drives/stanton-drive

But back to the topic, I am going to try to paint these myself... Exciting! The Willamette Valley club has an airbrush that I will ask to use.

I have 2 of those that I am going to use to try to power a slug that I am building. That engine should sound good with an Alco decoder in it. I need to get some of those for my GCRY units.

Let me know how they run... If they run good then I will buy two for the engine, and then load up the rest of the space in the body with lead. The Alco decoder sounds AWESOME.

Back