Walther switch machine with Digitrax fascia control/lights

RSVenture

Ok, I have some walthers switch machine. Al work fine. I have some digitrax switches with the red/green lights and they all work fine. The wiring on all these use the same universal 3 wire connectors, and the wires are the same color on both brands.
My question is, I can control the walthers servo using a push button switch no problem. I tried the digitrax switches which are also a push button, and occasionally the lights will flash, but the servo does not move. Any idea whats up with that. They are just regular 9g servos (I have used these in many rc airplanes) and the wiring is of the same type as any servo. Seems strange to me but has me stumped. Hate to have to buy the Walthers switches which have not the best ratings, especially since I have extra digitrax switches.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Arnold

Ok, I have some walthers switch machine. Al work fine. I have some digitrax switches with the red/green lights and they all work fine. The wiring on all these use the same universal 3 wire connectors, and the wires are the same color on both brands.
My question is, I can control the walthers servo using a push button switch no problem. I tried the digitrax switches which are also a push button, and occasionally the lights will flash, but the servo does not move. Any idea whats up with that. They are just regular 9g servos (I have used these in many rc airplanes) and the wiring is of the same type as any servo. Seems strange to me but has me stumped. Hate to have to buy the Walthers switches which have not the best ratings, especially since I have extra digitrax switches.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Arnold
Can you post a wiring diagram, hand-drawn would be fine, hard to visualise otherwise.

Could you post a pic of the Digitrax switches? I don't remember seeing them before, and it's hard to get a visual to what you're referring.

Hope this shows what you want. I am wondering if it is because the digitrax facsia switch uses a monentary type switch, and the Walthers seems to work fine if I use a on- on toggle switch. I just have an abundance of these digitrax light/switch units and woud be nice to have everything the saame, but, if not possible, is what it is. Let me know if I can provide any further info. Arnold

Attachments

• 20240504_101206[1].jpg
    20240504_101206[1].jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 8
If you have a constant-voltage motor, instead of a relay, the momentary switches will not work. If it's a snap-switch, it would work, if it's a slow-motion switch, it won't.

Thanks for your reply. I kind of came to the conclusion it was the difference in the switches that was the issue. Thank you for your help. Truly appreciate it.
Arnold

Back