Vintage Travel trailer Kit

CNR Glen

I just finished building four of these kits from Inter-Action enterprises
Two I got for myself and the other two I built for a couple fellow modelers.
003_zps79903a7f.jpg

They're a laser-cut craftsman kit but they're pretty easy to build. I figure it would take the average modeler about and hour to build one, outside of the painting. I built the first one by itself and then the other three on a sort of assembly line to speed construction.
001_zps8906555c.jpg

I painted the outside in a krylon flat aluminum color and the inside in a sort of stained wood. there isn't an interior provided but the door is cut so you can position it open or closed. I built two with open doors and two closed.
002_zps1105ec0f.jpg

The floor and door side are glued together with an internal stiffener that bridges the two walls. I found that the stiffener was a bit short so I used something different of the other three.
013_zpsc987f85c.jpg

The piece of basswood that I used on the other three was a bit thicker so the glue would have a larger surface to contact.
003_zps4264899d.jpg

The wheels are three pieces of wood, laminated together with a two part rim-hubcap in the center. The kit even comes with leaf springs!
016_zpsbb5170bf.jpg

here's the three with the roofs in various stages of assembly. You curl the roof around a marker or pen to get the curvature, then starting from the front you glue it down a bit at a time.
017_zps2c924dfd.jpg

All three roofs glued on and the edges trimmed
018_zps1a05f0cb.jpg

All the details added. The kit includes the screen door to glue on the inside of the main door, the top vent, tail lights, spare tire, and front jack. I made the stripes out of the evergreen 1X10 strip styrene.
019_zps067effb9.jpg

020_zpsd1031032.jpg

That's a neat little kit. I never seen that one before. I got to get me a couple. Nice job on them Glen.

Back