UP Steam Shops in Cheyenne

Motley

My extension room layout is based on the UP Steam Shops in Cheyenne. Thats where my 844 will be serviced.

I installed the turntable last week. And this week I worked on the roundhouse. I didn't have enough room to have a full working model of the roundhouse. So I made a backdrop building of one.

I pulled an all-nighter last night, and was able to finish the roundhouse. LOL

I'm building the Railroad Shop right now. Walthers kindly gave me extra parts in the Rail Shop kit, so I made the roundhouse from these extra parts. Then I used sheet styrene for the roof.

Let me know what ya think?

Prototype photo:
Cheynne%2520TT.JPG

P1010255.jpg

P1010256.jpg

P1010257.jpg

P1010259.jpg

Thanks guys, I appreciate that a lot!

It was a fun little project, I have never even kitashed before.

Z, I thought I would catch your attention with the word "Steam" hahaha

Lol motley :D

You must be rubbing off on me. I'm turning into a steam fan now, slowly. LOL

I just ordered this off ebay yesterday. The BLI M1b 4-8-2 Penn. and a 5 car set of the MTH Penn passenger cars.

My next steam loco, I'm getting the MTH UP Challenger on preorder. Hopefully next month.

So far I have:

Athearn Genesis FEF-3 4-8-4 UP 844. With a Titan Sound dual speaker system.
Bachmann EM-1 B&0. With a Titan Sound dual speakers.
Polar Express 4-4-0 Bachmann. DCC no sound.

Can you modify the Walthers Milwaukee Station into the Cheyenne Station??????

Thats exactly what I have originally planned. Just to the right of the turntable, is where the Cheyenne Depot Station will be. Including the famous boot too.

But the Walthers Milw Station is not available, I can't find it anywhere. I already have the Milwaukee train shed though. So now I'm planning on going to modify the Walthers Roman Church, since the tower looks like Cheyenne Station.

Been making some more progress. I'm almost done with the Railroad Shop. Just need to add the crane, lights, then roof.

Then I will get this entire area looking like the prototype, with sandy ballast. Using the same process I did for my yard.

P1010301.JPG

P1010303.JPG

P1010304.JPG

P1010305.JPG

Been making some more progress. I'm almost done with the Railroad Shop. Just need to add the crane, lights, then roof.

Then I will get this entire area looking like the prototype, with sandy ballast. Using the same process I did for my yard.
<snip>

Looks really good! I love it.

Back