UP GP60 #1966

wheeler1963

Aurora & Portland Owner
Here is the start of a new build. Union Pacific GP60 #1966. It will be my wife's engine, she was born in 1966.

The basic Athearn Blue Box kit.
20191231_154231.jpg

The extra detail parts that need to be added.

20191231_155215.jpg

And away we go......................... ;)

Sorry for so many questions...

How do you attach the plow to the front pilot so that you can still get the shell off? Since the coupler is attached to the frame and only unscrews from the top, I've found that I either have to pull/break the plow off each time, or trim the trip pin off the coupler and try and shimmy the frame off the front, wiggling to get the coupler between the plow and the pilot.

Got it. Thanks. I have a couple locos like that, and then a couple more recent ones where I drilled the holes for the plow very carefully and the plows actually press-fit on, and can be removed if the shell comes off. But if I ever want to add MU hoses or other details, I'll need to covert them all to the permanent method.

Got it. Thanks. I have a couple locos like that, and then a couple more recent ones where I drilled the holes for the plow very carefully and the plows actually press-fit on, and can be removed if the shell comes off. But if I ever want to add MU hoses or other details, I'll need to covert them all to the permanent method.
Sorry, forgot to add, I do premanetly glue the plows on.

Back