unable to activate wifi in Z-21for i-pad

rupy

Rupy
Hi,
I have a Z-21set.I had used it succesfully with the supplied wired remote.But now when /I am trying to use the router,the app on my i-pad is not connecting to the wi-fi as it is crossed out.I have hooked the router to the Z-21 network using the PIN on the underside of the Z-21.Also,now the wired remote does not seem to be working.Please help.

I don't have an iPad. I use an Android tablet, but the principles should be the same.

I do have a z21start (white box) and the companion router.

Seems to me that you first establish comm between your control device (iPad, etc.) to the router. Requires going to your wifi settings and entering router network name, AND it will want the router's password (same routine as you would use connecting to a regular wifi network).

Hmmmm.... if the router is powered on, it should appear automatically in

Then, you need to establish comm with the z21 with the z21's IP address, I believe. I don't have my control device (Android in my case) in front of me, but I believe you need to go into the z21 application settings and enter the z21's IP address there. Then click "restart socket" to establish the connection.

Hi,
The i-pad is on the same network of the Z-21,but the wifi is showing a red cross.Being a newbie,I do not know anything about changing the IP settings.Thanks for the help.

Hi,
The i-pad is on the same network of the Z-21,but the wifi is showing a red cross.Being a newbie,I do not know anything about changing the IP settings.Thanks for the help.
The manual should be able to help under "Troubleshooting", if you don't have one, it's usually online, hope you get this sorted.

Try this:

Have the z21 and router powered on.

Open the z21 app on the iPad

Go to "App Settings" (I think that's what it's called)

It will be wanting an IP address for the z21.
Try:
and click "restart socket"

Does this help?

Try this:

Have the z21 and router powered on.

Open the z21 app on the iPad

Go to "App Settings" (I think that's what it's called)

It will be wanting an IP address for the z21.
Try:
and click "restart socket"

Does this help?
Hi,
Done this but still not working.Thanks

Back