Tydol fuel truck bed build.

49fordv8f4

I am scratch building a fuel truck bed for an HO scale Classic Metal Works '41-'46 Chevrolet truck like the bed on the truck in the photo below. Are the round items centered on the back just above the bumper the hose connectors for the tank compartment drains? If so, are the valves on the fittings or in a side compartment on the bed? Does anyone know where to purchase decals similar to what is on the prototype? Thank You!
Tydol fuel truck 1.jpg

The truck is finally painted. I do have a little touch up to do. I did redo the hose connections on the back before I painted the truck. I thought that they looked too big, so I made them a little smaller and shorter. I also have to add the lettering and the signs to match the prototype. Thanks, Mark
painted fuel truck 4.jpg
painted fuel truck 3.jpg
painted fuel truck 2.jpg

I didn't like the lettering that I applied to the truck. The lettering on the tank really needed the shadow and the bumper needed to look closer to the prototype. I ordered some more Woodland Scenics dry transfers to redo the lettering. I applied white letters first then offset black lettering over top of the white. Here are a few photos. The lettering on the bumper is not perfect, those 1/16" letters are tough to line up. Thank you!
Tydol fuel truck finished 1.JPG
Tydol fuel truck finished 2.JPG
Tydol fuel truck finished 3.JPG
Tydol fuel truck finished 4.JPG
Tydol fuel truck finished 5.JPG
Tydol fuel truck finished 6.JPG

Attachments

• Tydol fuel truck finished 6.JPG
    Tydol fuel truck finished 6.JPG
    392.7 KB · Views: 45

Back