Two months(ish) progress

Back into this after a 30 ish year hiatus. This is my progress working this in my spare time. I am at the point where i have an operational layout and can begin major landscaping. Note: i am not a fan of over and under bridges but i have many grandchildren that will enjoy seeing it.

Attachments

• IMG_9527.jpg
    IMG_9527.jpg
    633.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9525.jpg
    IMG_9525.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9519.jpg
    IMG_9519.jpg
    633.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_9521.jpg
    IMG_9521.jpg
    648.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9515.jpg
    IMG_9515.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 38
Back into this after a 30 ish year hiatus. This is my progress working this in my spare time. I am at the point where i have an operational layout and can begin major landscaping. Note: i am not a fan of over and under bridges but i have many grandchildren that will enjoy seeing it.
Nice work, I actually like an up and over bridge, and I look forward to see how you do the scenicking aspect.

Great track plan. Love it ! How did you make the incline ? I'm very interested in your method. Thanks.
The piers are Atlas #80 Over and under pier set. Plate girder bridges are Atlas #896, deck truss bridge is Atlas #84 and the curved chord truss bridge is Atlas #888. The lowers straight sections are Atlas #82 pier girders. I used a door shim at each landing because i dont have the 1/4" height difference for roadbed. ALL track is Atlas code 100.
The entire layout is sitting in 1/4" cork sheets.

Last edited:
That looks like a lot of fun to operate!
I'll soon find out. by design, I'm I'll run 4 locomotives, 1) a PRR passenger train on the main line only. 2) a sw7 breaking down and building trains in the yard sidings for local and road trains.3) a GP-38(this unit never crosses the bridge) to run locals to all of the industries. 4) an SD40-2 to haul long road trains to and from the yard.
I am designing a system of cards (one for each car) to dispatch and track all of the freight cars.

Back