TTX yellow

CbarM

HO all the way!
I just got a couple A-line sets of undecorated 40' well cars and I curious as to what color specifically I should be painting these? I got the decals and detail kits also, so lookin fwd to gettin these done up n loaded n rollin!

Thank you for that sir! That sure does look like a close color. I have alot of TTX well cars already and I didnt know if there was an actual specific color that custom painters use or not. CH lists floquil TTX yellow, but its not even compareable...its like a tan color kinda. I have never painted anything before, but done a lil test painting on a couple tyco boxcars with a $20 ebay airbrush. I just ordered a single action Pasche brush from micromark and so I am gonna do a lil more practicing when I get it n then give these a shot. Any tips or tricks that I should know about before I ruin these cars? haha

Meh you'll be just fine. That's the same exact air brush I got, the Pasche single action. Its a great I love it. I also started airbrushing with it also, very user friendly.

Just practice with it on some cheap boxcars or something first. What kind of air compressor did you get? You have to play around with the air compressor until you get the perfect amount of paint coming out of the brush. But once its dialed in, no need to adjust it.

Post up some pics when you paint the well cars.

I have a 80 gallon 3 stage shop compressor now for busting 500 ft/lb lug nuts on these trucks, but Im gonna look into getting a small portable 3 gallon compressor with air dryer and regulator for the air brush. Whats the typical pressure needed for painting?

I moved this summer and still have all my HO stuff packed away, so gonna have to dig out my old tyco cars, or see if I can buy some cheapo's somewhere n get practicing.

Ya I wouldn't use that big shop compressor. Just get a small one is all you need. About 35-40 psi is around what you will set that up with.

Depending on what paint you use, you should change the tips. That Pasche airbrush comes with 3 tips. The fine tipped needle, one that is already factory installed. Thats for enamel based paints. If you use any acrylic paints, you need to use the larger tipped needle.

Back