Tsunami and Power Cab expert?

PIN DR

First, let me once again thank everyone in the group who has been helping me out. Because of your assistance, I am having more success with setting up my layout and trains than I believed was possible. I have 5 locomotives up and running and am now fine tuning everything prior to starting with the layout scenery, buildings, etc.

There is one thing bugging me though...

I have gotten help finding out that F8 on my Power Cab will turn the sound on and off on my locos. That is helpful. I also know that the emergency stop button will shut down at least some of my locos. It doesn't seem to work on others.

My Athearn loco has a Tsunami sound equipped decoder in it. There are two things I want to do with it. I have read the manual and am still dizzy after that. One thing I want to do is to have the Tsunami sound not come on when I first boot up the layout. I would rather it stay silent until I access the decoder for that loco and do something with it. The manual tells me I need to reset CV 113 to a value higher than 0 and that sounds easy enough. The second thing I want to do, should be even easier, but I can't find anything in the manual that tells me how to do it.

I want to turn the overall sound volume down for that loco.

So, is there a Tsunami and Power Cab pro out there who can walk me through the process for changing CV113 and for changing whatever I need to to lower the overall volume?

A caution here...if you jump in to help me out, there is a follow-up question coming about how to turn the volume UP on my Rapido loco (which has a sound decoder, but I don't know what kind).

Whew...

Jeff

Jeff
Both of those products have Yahoo Group Forums. Your problems have been discussed many times over by the "experts" there. There's also some general DCC Yahoo Group forums.You can find them by searching here: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo

Jeff
Both of those products have Yahoo Group Forums. Your problems have been discussed many times over by the "experts" there. There's also some general DCC Yahoo Group forums.You can find them by searching here: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo

I joined the NCE group and scanned what I could find on the group, but didn't have any luck narrowing it down to just those couple of things I was looking for. Most of the threads I found where way above what I needed. I thought someone here may just have known off the top of their head. Sorry for wasting the group's time.

Jeff

Jeff
Nothing says you can't always ask your questions there. The "experts' will always jump in w/ answers or at least point you in the right direction.

To turn the volume up or down on Tsunami sound decoders is with CV128.

http://www.soundtraxx.com/factory/OEM_pages/faq_factory.php

Thank you, that is very helpful! I have saved that website for future reference too and will be checking all my decoders to see what type they are. It looks like between CV-113 for the start-up sequence and CV-128 for the volume, I should now be able to at least get to the point where I want to be to start out.

Jeff

Jeff

Have you thought about downloading a free program called JMRI to program your decoders? I have found using JMRI makes programming easier, I also have a NCE Powercab and Tsunami decoders. You'll need to purchase a NCE USB interface though.

You can do a quick internet search to find out more about JMRI and how to connect your computer to your Power Cab. There are some Youtube videos about this.

Hope this helps.

I set CV 113 to 128 on all my locos. The sound will not come on when the layout boots up, and will mute within around 30 seconds if the loco receives no commands from you and all functions are OFF. A headlight left on or a steam dynamo or other function active will keep the loco "alive" on the system and the sound will not mute.

Back