trying to decide on If I should switch to On30

I am a perfectionist. And it is hard for me to break free of doing it one way for another.

This is a problem you will need to overcome.

Sorry, but nothing we say or suggest is going to change your mindset.

Just being honest with you.

I am a perfectionist. And it is hard for me to break free of doing it one way for another.

This is a problem you will need to overcome.

Sorry, but nothing we say or suggest is going to change your mindset.

Just being honest with you.
Don't I know it lol.. But I figured I get on here and just hear other Opinions, does help to make that decision even if I do argue one way or another. I think i am still leaning Ho scale. with the Ability to convert to On30 if I so Choose. But what I plan on doing is building a 3x6 layout that can be incorparated into a larger layout. that way I can just convert to On30 if I want to go that route. thanks for your feed back.

One of my modeling friends model Gn18 (1/24th scale, 18" gauge, HO track with 1/2" scale). It is a tram line using very small diesels and 0-4-0's and very short cars. He uses window sash chain as couplers (basically link and pin). It's a lot of fun to operate. He uses larger radii because he doesn't use return loops, he has turntables made from CD cases.

I was going to suggest something like dave1905 just did there in post #23, except set to O scale: OnN, which scales out to On17. Just in case you want to do something that's really cutting edge.

If you do try it, keep the weight LOW. :p

One of my modeling friends model Gn18 (1/24th scale, 18" gauge, HO track with 1/2" scale). It is a tram line using very small diesels and 0-4-0's and very short cars. He uses window sash chain as couplers (basically link and pin). It's a lot of fun to operate. He uses larger radii because he doesn't use return loops, he has turntables made from CD cases.
Not that I haven't looked into Gn18, I think it be just a little to much for me. at least for now. Maybe down the road I might.
I was going to suggest something like dave1905 just did there in post #23, except set to O scale: OnN, which scales out to On17. Just in case you want to do something that's really cutting edge.

If you do try it, keep the weight LOW. :p
Lol, On17 well thats an Interesting idea, but Think I am going to stick with something a little more mainstream lol..

Back