Trouble someplace ...

Aerojet

Well, it has been awhile since I posted anything. I guess been busy and all that - so just to show I am still around I guess I could post this --

The 701 job, the local distributor train has dropped off a couple of auto racks to be unloaded. Saw then this caught my eye - the Super's train has a wreck crane and tender on the back. I wonder where he is going and what happened?

IMG_0675.JPG

Even in model railroading one can stage interesting things and make visitors wonder what is up. Have you staged anything either as a rolling unit or static just for effect or atmosphere?

The Aerojet.

PS - Forthose who are from around here, ever since Ron got out of photographing trains up at Dupy the place has died. Anybody left going up there to sit for hours and watch trains?

I'll go to DuPlainville once in awhile to watch trains and there seems to be less traffic which I noticed on the CN mainline near my house and during the winter I can hear their engines and horns.

Good to have you back.

Greg

actually Greg - according to the ATCS there IS a lot less traffic. Haven't heard train 1 around here, and the CN has not much showing all day. The CP is also quiet. Checking the Rockford sector, it is also very quiet. Car loading is down and not many trains are running right now from what I can tell by monitoring down here. Dunno -- slow down in the economy? Your guess is as good as mine.

I may be up at Dupy one of these weekends. I think I can finally leave the wife alone for a few hours without having to worry about something going wrong with her again ... nother problem being care giver --- IF I am up I will be in that junker of a white Ford I always drive. So -- perhaps this weekend? Not sure, or the next.

Mark

I'm working on various work equipment, that will mostly be nice "scenery" around the yard, but can also put together a "track gang" and put out a work crew in a siding somewhere with tool/supply and bunk cars etc.

Back