Triple track curved bridge: N scale

I like where you are going with the bridges. What you have laid out has a lot of potential. Multi track spans look very cool. One thought is aquire some N scale girders and carefully using a heat gun to bend them to follow with the curve of the tracks, then kitbash them together to get the desired length. For the center support on the longer span cast a support with plaster or hydrocal (not to difficult) then weather it to appear like a large concrete support. That way you could get your proportion correct. I resolved my issue where the only place I could model a river scene was on a curve where I also have a grade. I used a Walther's arched road bridge to simulate a large culvert. I totally took the idea from an issue of M.R. :rolleyes::eek:

Ok. I feel kinda dumb since I did not notice page 2 of this thread until after I posted. :eek: Anyway, I like your solution. Looks like your best bet.

It will be some time for the scenery stage. I have been procrastinating big time for the past two months due to various reasons, mostly this terrible summer we have had (temperatures of course).
I haven't even finished the tracks laying where the bridges are.
I also started to design my hump which which is another questionable venture. I did one before, but the "hill" was too excessive. :(

I think you should take another look at the multiple bridge idea. A single-track bridge and a separate double-track bridge would be more believable (in my opinion) than a big triple-track bridge.
- Jeff

I agree. That's how I did mine. I'd also build it in small sections. alas, you may have to scratchbuild rather than kitbash, but you may be happier with the result.

I finally laid 95% of my track and I'm in the wiring stage.
Here are some pics of the bridges with the tracks laid (no scenery of course)

Were they originally on Photobucket? I just saw this thread on the What's New topic and wondered the same thing. Then I got to the end and saw your query.

They were done as attachments AFAIR.

Here they are again.
01 bridges with plate girders 04.JPG

Attachments

• 02 bridges with plate girders 03.JPG
    02 bridges with plate girders 03.JPG
    427.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 03finished long curved bridge 01.JPG
    03finished long curved bridge 01.JPG
    524.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 04 finished long curved bridge 02.JPG
    04 finished long curved bridge 02.JPG