Trestle Update

jscw1

Jack Strong
[Jack from Star, Idaho. Well here goes my first photos! Pictured are some photos of my large trestle (Seven feet four inches). I tried some lighting effect to create a late afternoon sun. The deck is finished but I was not able to place it on yet since the bents have not been glued in place. The pink string is mason line so I can build to the bottom of the deck. The back drop will be painted prior to placing the deck but you can see some sketching of the future. Also I included a picture of a few of my bridges. I have over twenty installed. I have not leveled the bottom track, I just placed some road bed and track for the photos. Notice the tunnel entrance; this is the entrance to a 680 ft scale tunnel that is lighted with blue LED's. All of my tunnels are lined with blasted rock. I have five tunnels so far but not nearly as long. Yes I have access to all of them in case of a derail.
I may put a 50 ft. girder bridge at the center of the trestle for the lower track. What do you think? There is a mirror behind the bents to give depth plus there will be a road going off into the distance. Hope you like it I will post more as I progress. When I am done I will have approximately 1,780 individual pieces glued together, whew!:eek:

I think my eyes have gone batty, Jack Strong
/B]

Wow, what a project. That would keep my busy for year!!! :eek:

I am interested in what I would term an unusual construction in the top frames. You appear to have widely divergent sway bracing meant to support a wider deck, or will that be a walk-way?

-Crandell

Trestle

Crandell, the deck is wider, it will support three main lines. I just could not include it in the picture yet untill I get the bents in place. Yes there will be a lower cat walk from the deck...Jack:eek:

Back