trees help, I got vent about the glue too

F

f1_indy2000

Recently my wife and I made a bunch of trees. Then set them up on the layout, next day went down and most of the leaves(lichen) had fallen off each tree. Did I not use enough glue? Should i have spray the trees with scenics glue to help solidify? I don't get it. Also really don't like the new and improved tacky glue. I don't know how new it is, because i haven't done any scenery since 1995 and that Woodland Scenics tacky glue was far better then than this crap i have been using. As I recall all i had to do is bend the branches and then put the glue on and dip the tree in a bag of lichen and voila a tree. This stuff i put it on the branches and then wait until it dries or becomes clear. Its sticky, but makes making trees a lot longer. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hair spray and WS fine foliage. Just spray the bare tree with cheap hairspray and dip the tree in a pan filled with the WS foliage. Set up some styrofoam to stick the trees in until dry. Give the trees another coat of hairspray to secure any loose foliage and let it dry again. With this methid, you shouldn't have anything falling off.

Back