Trainline GP9M Decoder Install

CMMR

Has anyone installed a decoder with sound in a Trainline GP9M? If so, what decoder and speaker did you use, and do you have any pictures of the install? I realize that these aren't high end locomotives, but for those of us on a budget looking for a low hood GP9 I hear they run pretty well on DCC.

Thanks

Has anyone installed a decoder with sound in a Trainline GP9M? If so, what decoder and speaker did you use, and do you have any pictures of the install? I realize that these aren't high end locomotives, but for those of us on a budget looking for a low hood GP9 I hear they run pretty well on DCC.

Thanks

They run, well, ok . DC or DCC, it doesnt matter, no much how much you polish it, a turd is sill a turd. Better than older Athearn, but not as well as a Proto2k. I have 1, I got it for my son for $20.00 at a swap meet with a decoder already installed. He wanted it, and if it crashes to the floor tomorrow, I can salvage the decoder.

Do yourself a favor,save your pennies and get a higher end unit that is silent when it runs. The sound decoder will sound better, and as time goes on, a scale width hood and better detailing will appeal to you.:D

They run, well, ok . DC or DCC, it doesnt matter, no much how much you polish it, a turd is sill a turd. Better than older Athearn, but not as well as a Proto2k. I have 1, I got it for my son for $20.00 at a swap meet with a decoder already installed. He wanted it, and if it crashes to the floor tomorrow, I can salvage the decoder.

Do yourself a favor,save your pennies and get a higher end unit that is silent when it runs. The sound decoder will sound better, and as time goes on, a scale width hood and better detailing will appeal to you.:D

yep that about covers it sorta like owning a prius , yea own it cause you gotta but you WANT A CORVETTE so do your self a favor & upgrade :cool:

Back