Trackplanning Program Needed

Dameon

A few years ago I had downloaded a FREE demo of a track planning program that let me plan some small layouts using Kato N Unitrack. Between then and now I had a hard drive crash and it was one of the programs I lost. Now that I want it again, I can't seem to find it anymore.

So, does anyone know where I can get a FREE download (even a demo!) of a track planning program that lets me build with Kato Unitrack? Most programs are so ridiculously expensive and overkill for what I am trying to do that, unless it's free, I am better off sticking to doodling on paper with a ruler and compass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it was XTrackCAD at http://www.xtrkcad.org/Wikka/HomePage. It allows you to do track plans in any scale. I'm not sure if it includes N scale Kato Unitrack but there's nothing special about Unitrack, except for the roadbed. The measurements and curve radius are the same as any other N scale track.

Anyrail was it exactly! Thanks tankist!
I should have specified, I wanted something that had Kato Unitrack so I could end up making a parts list of what sections I would need. A program that just let me draw lines and lay track wouldn't really help out in that regard.

Back