TRACKMOBILE PULLING POWER?

PMW

So many things to do before I worry about buying a trackmobile but just curious...😄

I have a small two track industry which I think should have a trackmobile there to pull four to seven short, two bay cement hoppers.

Does anyone have experience with these little guys? I guess at least some pick up power from the track on all wheels but the motor only turns one axle. Does anyone have any insight? You know, on a purchase I have no plans to make anytime soon 😂

If you're talking about the BLI Trackmobile, it'll pull 2-3 cars, which is about what the real ones would do.
Thanks. the BLI was the one I saw online. I thought I recalled seeing a trackmobile pulling more than that (in the real world) but I may be mistaken. If that's the case would the industry have to pay the railroad to send a loco there to switch the cars? That could be fun too!

Thanks. the BLI was the one I saw online. I thought I recalled seeing a trackmobile pulling more than that (in the real world) but I may be mistaken. If that's the case would the industry have to pay the railroad to send a loco there to switch the cars? That could be fun too!
depends if they are loaded or empty. We used to move empty gondolas by attaching a chain to the rail car and the other end to the hitch on the log truck (alongside the railcar). For some reason they used to drop them off in a really stupid place (for loading).

Empty cars on the level move pretty easy.

Dave LASM

I have worked in the Agricultural Industry for years. (Kokomo Grain Inc.)
we have and use numerous Trackmobiles-mainly 9TM series.
I personally have pulled 16 fully loaded grain cars (200,000lbs+rail car/per car) on reasonably flat plain. 1-1.5% grade max.
as long as the Trackmobiles rail-sander system is operational the rails can be cold, wet, hot, frozen, etc.
I was researching for info on certain mechanical topics. i am the standing mechanic on my property.
i happened to scroll past this forum and post. I made a profile to share what i know to be true.
if wanted i do have plenty of videos pertaining to this topic and others dealing with Trackmobiles. i will gladly share.
The most cars I've pulled empty would be 31 cars. I'm positive it could do more. this is the Trackmobile 9TM model.

I have worked in the Agricultural Industry for years. (Kokomo Grain Inc.)
we have and use numerous Trackmobiles-mainly 9TM series.
I personally have pulled 16 fully loaded grain cars (200,000lbs+rail car/per car) on reasonably flat plain. 1-1.5% grade max.
as long as the Trackmobiles rail-sander system is operational the rails can be cold, wet, hot, frozen, etc.
I was researching for info on certain mechanical topics. i am the standing mechanic on my property.
i happened to scroll past this forum and post. I made a profile to share what i know to be true.
if wanted i do have plenty of videos pertaining to this topic and others dealing with Trackmobiles. i will gladly share.
The most cars I've pulled empty would be 31 cars. I'm positive it could do more. this is the Trackmobile 9TM model.
Thanks for sharing the some of how the prototype works in the real world.

For those that aren't familiar, here is a pic of the model he is referring to:
img.jpg

View attachment 177488
Yes that is a 70’s

View attachment 177488
yes that is a 70’s 9TM. A poor example, but accurate depiction.

Back