Track status light won't go off.

BC Railer

Track status light won't go off on boosters. when you shut down the camand station. Eny buddy know what might be happening I did replace my loco net cable & rest cv39. also changed cv29 to 06 I also had to put my locomotives back to their default factory settings cv8to 08 CV 29 to t in opsw. I think it might be the gaps are touching sum wear not shur but I now have the locomotives shorting out at the gaps crossing over from district my gaps were cut with a dremel. Then filled with apoxe then shaped. So I have 2 problems. 1 problem at a time it's the track status light problem that is keeping g me up at night.

If the gaps are intended to prevent or to obviate shorts, and there is no short indication or beeps and shut-down from the command station when the system is up and running, then those indications you're concerned about are not from closed gaps. Otherwise, you'd get the boosters shorting or indicating their own detection of shorts. Those status indicators suggest to me that they are powered, and ready/willing to pass on power and boosted signal to the rails....not sure since I don't know what system you're using.

If the gaps are intended to prevent or to obviate shorts, and there is no short indication or beeps and shut-down from the command station when the system is up and running, then those indications you're concerned about are not from closed gaps. Otherwise, you'd get the boosters shorting or indicating their own detection of shorts. Those status indicators suggest to me that they are powered, and ready/willing to pass on power and boosted signal to the rails....not sure since I don't know what system you're using.
Yes there is all kinds of beeps. Flashing lights in all districts.my system is a digitrax db150 camand station db150 booster and a db210 booster.

One of your boosters is not doing its job....possibly? This may account for the gap-crossing short you say one or more locomotives sets off.

I get nine beeps quite often, I’m thinking it could be the NCE switch 8’s.
I do know my DT400 throttle doesn’t always click in correctly, suspect that may also be the problem.

Digitrax db150 camand station db150 booster & a db210 booster short happens at all gap except the reversing loop tracks witch have ar10s. Track status light will stay on on the 2 boosters when you shut down the camand station. So there is still power going to those district's. The middle pic is the camand station. The pics on the right & left are the boosters.

Attachments

• 20230328_141739.jpg
    20230328_141739.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20230328_141646.jpg
    20230328_141646.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230324_191215.jpg
    20230324_191215.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 46

Back